Chapter 28 When in Paris

Genie

I went back to my room after dinner. I played with my phone, wanting to message her really, but what should I tell? After much deliberation, I decided to send her a casual message:

'Chaeng, thank you for the food. It tasted great! Also, I'm sorry I didn't checked your email earlier so I didn't know you already left. Take care in there okay, see you'

Instantly, she replied saying it's okay and repeated her instructions to the maknae plus a goodnight. I unknowingly smiled but decided not to reply back anymore. Sighing, I lay down and willed myself to sleep.

Three whole days roll by and I've been so busy. My songs were mixed and Teddy said I don't have to re-record it anymore because the first tapes are excellent already. With the songs selected, I proceeded working with the production team for the MV concepts then to the design team for my outfits. The details coveted much of our time but I'm okay with it because I want everything to be excellent.

The next day, I meet with the dance choreographer for the dance steps. Being the lead dancer is an advantage as I can quickly learn the steps. I inputted a few steps too and we continued learning steps and such. After lunch, Jisoo unnie dropped by and supported me. She was using her phone when she joined as I am preparing for my afternoon schedule.

"The blinks are at it again" she mumbled so I looked at her with furrowed brows.

"I mean this one" she showed her phone screen that displayed a photo of Chaeyoung standing close to a beautiful girl, her arms around her back and resting on her waist. The captioned said, Rosé with her girl. The more I wrinkled my brows. I read through the comments and a lot are commenting on how they look good together. Some commented she is better with Lisa. I shrugged as I took out my phone. No message from her.

"I'll go and practice now unnie, are you staying or going back?" I asked.

"Staying, I have the rest of the day off" she replied.

"Oh, okay, but I'd be here until late, if you'll be bored, just call me if you decide to go home" I told her then jog to my teacher.

Once we got on break, Jisoo unnie gave me a bottled water and some snacks.

"Refill your energy" she smiled.

"Thanks unnie, how was it?" I asked pertaining to our practice. She was watching right?

"Chaeng said you're good" she replied.

"Huh?" I asked.

"She asked me to do a video call and she watched you through my phone" she explained.

"Oh" I reacted as I bite at my sandwich rather roughly.

"But honestly, you are being out of focus. You keep messing and is zoning out. I'm surprised the teacher hasn't scolded you yet" she smirked.

"What? Oh, I was?" I asked as if I'm not aware of what happened there.

"Chaeng explained that is one of her friends in New York. They meet unexpectedly and took photos." she informed me.

"I'm not asking" I took another bite.

"But you're jealous, and I told her that" she informed me again and my eyes widened at her.

"You what? But I'm not jealous! It's normal to see her in such photos whenever she goes abroad already!" I defended myself.

"You are, you aren't like that this morning, you were focused and energized, but earlier, you look like shit dancing" unnie insisted.

I sighed. "I'm not unnie, why did you have to tell her that? If you don't know, she left without me talking properly to her. I even drove her out of my room the night before she left" I sighed again.