Chapter 5 Hiding Her Pain

Chaeyoung

I'm at the dorm, restlessly waiting for the girls to arrive back. I'm on my Instagram account, waiting for airport updates. It's Saturday and I'm not required to be on the studio today so I took the chance to clean our dorm and the girls' rooms and prepared food for whoever would arrive.

Jeed arrived first, considering Thailand is a little closer to Korea. While she is unpacking, Genie's arrival at the airport filled my notifications. Her usual stop, smile, and wave was captured as she made her way out. However, I noticed something unusual. She looks so frail and weak. What happened? I can't still shake that image that popped up in my head yesterday. She looks so pitiful in that!

When she arrived home, I went to meet her at the door, engulfing her in a bear hug and peppered her head with kisses. She chuckled, teasing me that I missed her so much but I just shrugged it off. I really did.

I raised my arm to remove her shades but she stopped me. She excused herself to go and unpack so I let her while I go back to my seat at the couch. Blythe would arrive later than the two since Paris is farther away. I decided to go and reheat the food then went to call the two to eat for a late lunch.

Jeed came excited for food, followed by Genie who has her sunglasses still on. I wrinkled my nose and forehead.

"Genie? Is it so blinding inside?" I asked teasing a little.

"Yeah, as if I got blinded from all the camera shots flashing on me since this morning" she replied.

Jeed and I talked a lot while eating but Genie remained very silent, making me think that something was wrong.

"Baby, how about you? How's your project at your homeland?" I asked.

"Oh, it was great unnie. I had a great time with them and I already saw the outputs. I'm satisfied myself" she smiled and I nodded.

After we move to another topic, she drifted off again, back to silent mode. Okay I get it. What is troubling her today isn't work-related. It must be something that happened while she is there. I sighed. I have to know it. I can't bear to see her this sad and so down.

After eating however, she dashed out the kitchen saying she is going to sleep early as she is still jet-lagged. Remembering her riding a plane made me imagine if how many arm rests had she ruined during that to and fro ride.

After Jeed and I cleaned the kitchen, Blythe arrived and we meet her at the door. She looks just as tired but the happiness for being home in her eyes could be seen. As for Genie, I wonder still why she never removed that dark glasses. We served her food as she shared how her week went in London. She looked for Genie first thing first at the door but when we said she's probably sleeping by now, she look disappointed. However, now that she is ranting about the places she visited while there, her happy self is back.

It was already dark outside when we separated at the living room, meaning to go asleep. As I passed by Genie's room however, I had the urge to check on her however, I was surprised to see the door locked. We never lock doors! The worry in me grew and I stared at her door.

"Something wrong with her?" Blythe's voice startled me.

"I'm not sure, I wonder why she locked the door when she never did" I replied turning to her.

"Oh, I was meaning to go and see her as well before going to sleep. In that case, I guess I'll really have to wait for tomorrow to see her" she gave a bitter smile before she turned and went back to her room.

I inhaled then exhaled before I continued to my room, wondering if what's up with Genie. I hope she is fine. As I lay in my bed however, I can't find sleep so I reached for my phone. Scrolling through my Instagram, the news was filled with the girls' return back to the country. I was also surprised to see news saying I'm done shooting the MV for my second solo album. How did they know? I bet someone is selling information from one of our staffs. I don't mind though, as long as no harm will be done.