Chapter 27 The Consequences

Genie

When Chaeyoung texted me asking me about adding address on her IG post, I checked her current location and wondered why is she not home and at the park Jisoo unnie mentioned as her favorite park, especially at night to pass time.

By 10 pm, she didn't yet left the area. Suddenly, I felt nervous, and an image of her flash in my eyes. Throwing on a hoodie and shoes, I rush out the dorm and took the elevator before I ran towards the park. A bad thing I forgot my phone so I kept my eyes alert looking for her at the almost empty park. I ran around, trying to look for her until I heard screams. If I'm not mistaken, those are hers. I rushed to where it came from, only to be meet by an awful situation.

After the police I asked someone to call, before I interfered with the situation, left with the two men, I was so mad. I was mad that Chaeyoung stayed there so late. I was mad that she got in danger. But I was more mad at myself thinking I might be the reason she went there at the first place. I don't know how to handle the situation and ended up yelling at her then sending her out. The cut in my arm is really shallow, so I can handle it, but I can't handle the vulnerability she is showing in front of me. It makes me wanna lose control and just admit it to her that I realized I love her now.

This morning, when she attempted to kiss my lips again, I decided it shouldn't continue now that we're back to Seoul. Afterall, that wasn't very normal for mere bestfriends. I wasn't also planning to admit to her my workout routine but what to do when you're caught red handed.

The exertion at the gym helped me to clear my mind a little and gain focus for today's activity. I know busy days are waiting for me, so I decided to leave some things be for a while, while I focus on my career. I hope I can survive.

"So, how's your break everyone?" the CEO inquired once we are sitted in front of him in his office.

"It's great! It was fun sir" Jeed smiled widely.

"Yeah, my parents are very happy to have me home" Blythe answered.

"It gave me time to unwind and relax" Chaeyoung replied.

"And Genie, I hope it helped you gain energy and spirit for your solo?" the CEO looked at me smiling.

"It definitely did sir. I sure am ready to start it soon" I replied returning the smile as well.

"Good, first, about you two, Jeed and Blythe, there were a lot of offers for you in the fashion industry. I'll give you the freedom to choose which to accept and turn down. The thing is, you only have choices here at SoKor. Here are the offers" he passed each a folder.

"How many can we accept sir?" Jeed asked.

"As much as you think you can handle, since that is initial for now, we will talk further about it" he explained.

"Got it sir, we will check into these" Blythe raised her folder.

"As for you Rosé, your international clients are requesting for you again. Being the global ambassador for four elite brands, you will be travelling a lot this month" the CEO informed her and she reacted with a dismayed Oh! Though I don't know why because she should be happy to be working and earning more right?

"The final dates aren't yet fixed but I sent to your email the tentative schedule for the remaining three weeks of this month" he continued.

"Okay sir, thank you" she politely replied but I could hear she let out a soft sigh.

"Great, you three can leave now since I have to speak with Genie for a longer time. If you doesn't have schedules for the day, you can have the rest of the day out" he waved and they stood up before bowing and said their goodbyes.