Chapter 29 Make Her Happy

Chaeyoung

Genie got no time to rest when we returned back to Seoul. The next day, she immediately went to work. She never really sent us her schedule so I asked her manager for it. Since he isn't aware of what's happening between us, he did so without questions. I was shocked when I saw the fully booked days. That was how I knew of her trip to Paris so I made the adjustments.

We arrived back by the end of July and she began working on her second song. I never heard her songs before, because she won't let me, and during her MV shooting, I was at LA. I badly want to hear it but for some reason, she won't allow me. The maknaes has already heard it! Of course they were there during her MV shooting. I feel bad for not being there for her since she literally stayed by my side during my solo project, but what can I do?

Fortunately, I have no schedules until before the Blackpink reunion, and I'd just be travelling to California the day after, so I can now fully support her even for just a week straight. I'm happy she is allowing me close contacts during this time. I would wait up for her, accompany her on her schedules and was there cheering for her when she was learning the dance steps. She was only using the instrumental though so I couldn't hear the complete song.

August 5-9 is her schedule to shoot the MV of her second song. I didn't lose any chance and accompanied her everywhere, literally, and finally I got to hear one of her song, and it is beautiful. She would tell me to leave her to herself but I insisted. She would just shook her head and let me be. She has a lot of sets for the song, which I learned to be actually the lead track. Why she shot the B-side first then, I don't know.

Every break she had, I'd be on my feet giving her whatever she needed. While she was shooting, I'm behind the monitor cheering for her. I'd wait up for her, no matter how late she is staying. She fought me against it, but I didn't budge.

That went on until the Blackpink reunion on the 8th. She has sternly told me not to show up at her shooting this day or she won't talk to me for a week. I agreed since the unnies have begged me to come. News of Lisa arriving on the 7th filled the net and the old Chaelisa shippers has began to be hopeful.

Genie isn't aware of it though since she didn't even have time to check her phone and everytime we get back home, she would immediately sleep as is. It has always been me who has been taking care of changing and tucking her under the covers, including cleaning her make up. I felt rewarded though since she ain't avoiding me anymore and we kind of returned to be the old bestfriends, although I've been a good actress to suppress my feelings. I would hug her and call her baby at her work, but all in a friendly way.

It was mainly Jennie who organized everything. She booked a place at a five star hotel for us and has hired people to design it. It isn't a big event since it will only be the four of us plus our managers back then, our back-up dancers, and other staffs. On the way, I then wondered how come Genie has a shooting today when some of the people working with her MV will actually be there at the party. Maybe it was well taken care of. I just shrugged it.

I arrived early, and was actually the first among us four to arrive. A few people were already there and our own songs is blaring out of the speaker surrounding the venue. I was immediately engaged in conversations with the people who aren't working in the company now but has worked with us. They mainly asked how I've been and what's up with my career now.

Jennie and Jisoo arrived together and it isn't surprising anymore. Jennie has probably demanded that Jisoo pick her up. I made my way towards them and hugged them in greeting.

"Look who has changed for the past year" Jisoo unnie teased me since back then, I'm usually a little late.

"All thanks to my new members. They taught me to be always on time and better earlier on time" I grinned.