Part 3: Natasha Romanoff

"Care to dance?" A familiar female voice whispers in my ear, causing me to gulp. She spin me around, forcing me to face her. I look upwards to a slightly taller woman. It was the girl Richard was with, the hot red hair one! I immediately start to blush as we make eye contact, I look to the ground, trying to speak, but can't. I slowly walk backwards, since she released her grip from my shoulders once we made eye contact, but she quickly grabbed my arms again as I start to run. She pulled me back to her, my hand with the ring on, placed on her chest, the other arm in her grip.

"My my, what a pretty ring you have there" she whispers with a smirk, looking down to the ring. I quickly moved my hand away from her and hide it behind my back. Then it clicked. She's a con artist! Why else would she be here!

"You're a con artist" I simply state quietly so that the other people around us on the dance floor, doesn't hear. "So are you" she whispers, looking down at me. I gulp as she starts to smile.

"Why don't we dance, shall we?" She asked. I was about to say no before she took my other hand and start stepping forward, begging to dance. I couldn't help but to move along with her.

"So, what's your name?" she asked, spinning me in her one hand as the music starts playing. "You tell me first" I said, my back pressed against her front. She twirled me outwards. "Natasha Romanoff" she states.
She actually told me her name? Why? We're practically strangers. "Um, Y/N Y/L/N" I reply. She got a hold of my hand as she spin me again. "Where's Richard?" I asked. Her spinning me in the air. "Funny that you ask that since you're a con artist too. You know we aren't together" she whispers, taking my hand again and spinning me around. I blow out air of my nose as she pulled me back into her when the music stopped

"It was nice dancing with you, bye" she said, releasing me from her grip and storms off.

I stood in the middle of the dance floor like an idiot.

Wow, that just happened and she stormed off? Ugh. I knew there was something fishy about her, she's a con artist. I shake my head, trying to forget about her. I look down to my hand, the ring is missing.

"Shit!" I whisper to myself as I realize she took it while we were dancing. God she's good. I ran outside to the security guard.

I explain to him how Natasha looks like and that she stole my ring then he immediately drops his clip board and ran off to the direction I told him Natasha went off to.

I laugh as I stood at his clip board on the floor. Oh god, wait. If he catches Natasha, she'll tell on me! I quickly ran after the guard.

As I come around a corner outside, I saw Natasha get arrested, her body bent over a police car while a cop put handcuffs on her. The police man pushed her inside the car. Natasha made eye contact with me as they start to drive off. I quickly hide around the corner. She didn't seem mad? She didn't seem sad? I can't get a read on her.

"T-there y-you go Miss!" The guard said, holding out the ring for me. I got a little startled by his appearance since he popped out of the corner randomly, but then thanked him. He placed the ring in my hand then walked away.

---

"Oh my god! Y/N! I was worried sick, I lost connection to the comms, are you okay!?" Henry asked as he dragged me inside the van.
"Uh yeah" I reply simply. I plopped down on the seat, Henry sitting down next to me. "Where's the ring?" He asked. I open my hand, showing him the ring while keeping my eyes on the van floor. He gasp as he gently grabbed the ring and examines it with a microscope he had on the desk.

"Yup that's diamond! This is like worth 150 thousand somewhere!" He said, pushing the microscope away from his eyes. I nod while still looking at the floor.