Part 18: Details & Plans

"HEY!"

I shot my head to the door where the British accent came from. I make eye contact with a tall brunette girl, she gives me a small smile as I turned one. "Hey Valkyrie" Nat greeted. I watch as they both give each other a hug. Valkyrie pulled back and insisted us to come in her house, so we did. "Nice to meet you, Y/N" Valkyrie said, closing the door once we all got inside. "Like wise" I reply with a smile. She leads us to a mini bar in her house.

"Do you guys want something to drink? Vodka? Beer? I can make a cocktail?" Valkyrie offered, walking behind the bar to the mini fridge. Nat sits on a bar stool so I follow her lead, sitting next to her. "No thanks, none for me" Nat says. Valkyrie looks at me, waiting for my answer. "Uh, no thanks" I reply with a smile. Valkyrie nods and gets out a beer bottle for her and sits across from Nat and I. Valkyrie opens the beer bottle with her teeth, flicking the cap off. She takes a sip before speaking.

"Thanks for coming ladies, it means a lot"

Nat and I nod our heads.

"I'm guessing Natasha told you about the mission?" Valkyrie predicted as she takes a sip of her beer. I nod my head again. "She did, yeah" I assured with a smile. Valkyrie nods her head and place her beer on the table, wiping her mouth off with her hand. "You know" She began smirking. "Natasha told me you're the best con artist there is" Valkyrie finished her sentence. "I-" Nat stuttered. I immediately start to blush, looking to my right I see Nat blush too and clear her throat. I giggle and raise my eyebrows towards Valkyrie, seeing her smirk. "Did she now?" I tease, causing Nat to clench her jaw. "Yup, she also won't shut up about you" Valkyrie added. "OKAY! We get it, jeez" Nat mutters, burying her head between her arms as she leans on it. "oh?" I tease with a smirk. Nat rolled her eyes, sarcastically and Valkyrie chuckled.

"But on a real note, you two are dating right?" Valkyrie asked. "We are" I assured since Nat is still flustered. Valkyrie nods her head.

"Let's go through the plans?" Nat asked, meaning the plans for the mission. Valkyrie nods and stands up, gesturing us to follow her. She leads Nat and I to the living room where there was some sort of map on the table.

For about an hour we went through the plan. Valkyrie had an whole ass map of the mansion and where all the rooms are. The diamond is in the storage units downstairs, but it's a restricted area Valkyrie said. It's guarded by two security guards. Valkyrie pointed her finger to each room on the map and told us which rooms they are.

"I don't know how we can get past the guards tho, we'll need a distraction" Valkyrie said. Nat shot her head to me. I tilt my head with a frown, but then sighed when I know why she's looking at me. Nat gives me an innocent smile. "Will you do it?" Nat asked. "Yeah sure, I can handle them" I assured, a bit worry in my voice. Valkyrie stares at me, she seems to be thinking about something. "We'll still need a plan for that part tho" Valkyrie said. Nat and I nod. Nat places her finger over her chin while she thinks.

"Actually..." I say, all eyes on me. "I don't usually plan anything when I'm the bait. I just come up with something and just see how it plays out, if it fails, I run." I reply. Nat adjusts her standing position and places her hands on her hips. "Well, if you're sure about that, then we don't need a plan of the guards" Nat said. "Are you sure?" Valkyrie asked, staring at me with furrowed eyebrows. "Yeah, how bad can it be?" I say sarcastically. They both shake their heads.

Yeah. It can be bad. Very bad.

We went over the plan one more time. We discussed things like who needs to be where, on look out. We also went over how to act, Valkyrie told us we need to be very tough and not soft. Valkyrie got out a box from under the table where the map was on. She opened the box revealing mini comms, I guess we'll be using that to communicate since we won't really be close to each other.

"That's all" Valkyrie said, closing the map. I take in a deep breath and let my shoulders fall. "You okay?" Nat ask softly, moving closer towards me, rubbing my arm up and down. I nod at her and lean my head against her shoulder. "Just tired" I replied. She wraps her arm around my back and gently rubs my arm while placing a kiss on my head. "Oh, that reminds me. Let me show y'all your room" Valkyrie said.

We follow her upstairs to the room where we'll be staying in. Valkyrie pointed to our room "You guys go explore your room, I need to make a call about the clothes we'll be wearing on the mission" Valkyrie announced then walked downstairs. Nat and I yell thanks as Valkyrie showed us thumbs up. Nat holds me close to her as we walk down the hallway and to our room. She opened the door as she holds it open for me to walk in. It's a lovely room with a bathroom, a huge closet and a huge queen sized bed. I flop down on the bed like a starfish as Nat laughs at me.

"You get some rest, I'll bring up the bags" Nat says leaning over the edge of the bed, placing a kiss on my cheek. With that being said, Nat left. I look up to the ceiling with my hands on my stomach and swinging my legs over the edge of the bed.

We have one day to spare before we go do the mission, so I really want to spend that one day alone with Nat, exploring San Fransisco. I close my eyes and sigh. Then I slowly start to drift into my dreams.