Part 38: Scars

Flashbacks of yesterday when the man grabbed me filled my head. I know we let yesterday's tragedies slide, but I can't forget it, the memory is apart of my brain now. Henry getting hurt, me almost being assaulted by the man. I keep seeing flashbacks of the man. I still feel his hands around my face and stomach.

"Baby, everything okay?" Nat's voice pulled me out of my thoughts.
I shake my head and look up from my cereal. Henry, Nat and Yelena are staring at me. I give them a small smile.
"Of course" I reply to Nat, taking a bite if my cereal.

We woke up a few minutes ago and decided on plain cereal for breakfast around the counter.

"Does your eye still hurt?" I question Henry. He sighs.
"Just if I touch it" he reply.

I felt my phone ringing in my pocket. I quickly grabbed it and my eyes widen.

"Who is it?" Nat asks. I look up, my mouth open. "My parents" I reply quietly.

"Okay? So?" Yelena questions, probably wondering why I'm panicking.
"You gunna answer it?" Henry adds.

"It's a video call! They can't see us like this!" I respond, gesturing to the bruises on my chin and Henry's eye.
"Then just don't answer?" Nat raise her one eyebrow.

"My parents now knows I'm online, and will definitely know something is up if I don't pick up the phone." I explain, looking down to my mother's contact calling me.

Yelena sighs and stands up from her chair. She walks around the counter and snatches the phone out of my hand.
"Hey!" I practically yell, reaching out for my phone. "Give it back, Yelena" Nat sighs. Yelena turns to us and smirks before answering the phone. I widen my eyes as I hear my mom's voice greeting Yelena. Henry and I quickly snuck out of the kitchen so that our parents won't see our face.

"Is Y/N and Henry there?" I hear my mom ask.
"Um they actually went out for breakfast" Yelena replies.
"Hi Mrs Y/L/N" I hear Nat greet.
"Oh! Good morning Natasha" my mom greets.

"If my kids returns, can you please tell them to call me back?" My mom asks.
"Of course!" Yelena replies.

I hear Nat and Yelena say goodbye to my mother before they ended the call. I breath out a relieved sigh, walking into the kitchen with Henry again.

"See? Was it that bad?" Yelena tease, placing my phone on the counter. I roll my eyes.

I couldn't risk letting my mom see Henry and I beaten up. With my bruised chin and Henry's bruised eye.

"Just remember to call your mom back" Nat reminds which I nod too.

I take my phone in my one hand and place my empty bowl in the sink. I walk around the corner without saying anything. I leave the kitchen as they stop talking.
I head up to Nat's room, closing the door behind me and flopping down onto her bed. I lay down onto my back, my phone in front of my face. I swipe through some pictures we took when we visited my parents. I wonder when my mom may leave the hospital. And I wonder when my parents are coming to NY.

Throwing my phone down next to me, I place my hands on my face and sigh. I wipe down my face then place my hands on my stomach. There was a second where I felt my stomach ache. Like a knife pinching my stomach for a split second. Wondering what hurt me, I sit up and lift up my shirt.

Oh, it's the bruise the guy left on my stomach. I might have accidentally touched it.

Suddenly, the door opened. I jump slightly at the sudden bang of the door crashing into the wall softly. Nat quickly looks at me with furrowed eyebrows then down to my stomach. I lower my shirt and gulp. I slowly look down to my hands as I hear the door shut.