Part 29: Check up

Dear Diary,

Two days has past since we arrived at my city I was born in.
Here's an update about mom. She's still unconscious, but the doctors said she'll wake up later today. Natasha has been very clingy lately since she saw me cry. Same with Henry and Yelena too, they all have been looking out for me.

28/8/2008

I close my diary since I'm satisfied with my writing. I walk out of me and Nat's shared hotel bedroom and strolled into the kitchen where Nat, Henry and Yelena are sitting on the chairs around the counter. They are drinking the coffee we ordered from room service. I lean against the bedroom doorway and cross my arms. I stare at Nat's beautiful smile as she laughs at something funny Henry said. Suddenly Nat's eyes shot to me, a devilish smirk grew on her lips.

"It's rude to stare" she teased before taking a sip of her coffee with her one eyebrow cocked back. I make a nervous chuckle as her eyes pierced through mine. "Says the one who always stare" I fought back and pushed myself of the doorway. I slowly walk towards them.

"Drink your coffee before it gets cold" Henry said and slide my coffee towards me, on the counter. I quickly grab it and sit down next to him and Yelena. "How are you feeling?" Yelena asked. I roll my eyes sarcastically as I take a sip of my coffee. This is literally the 13th time they all said that to me since the day I had my panic attack.

"I really am okay, a lot better" I respond and place my coffee down on the counter. "Good to hear" Yelena replied. "I'm going on a run" I said and stand up from my chair.

"A run?" Henry asked. I turn around towards him. "Yup" I say popping our the p. "You really gunna go for a run?" Nat asked. "Of course I am" I shrug and continue to walk into the bedroom.

I quickly got dressed into a crop top and leggings. I said goodbye to everyone before I walked out of the hotel. I put in my airpods before running down the road.

Natasha's Pov:

I follow Y/N outside the hotel building. She never really goes on runs, usually just twice a month, but this is her second time today that she's going out for a run. I know it's creepy that I'm following her, but I'm worried about her. I see her put in her airpods before running down the road. I hide behind every tree I came across so that she doesn't spot me. It's weird that she's running in a crop top, usually it's a sports bra, something's off. I follow her down the road and walk behind the bushes of the park.

About 10 minutes later she stopped at a grave yard. I hide behind a bush and crouch down. I peak through the branches. It looks like she's searching for a specific gravestone. Then she finally stopped at one and sits down in front of it. I squint my eyes and try to get a better look at the gravestone. 'Matilda Brown', that must be a family member of Y/N. God, I feel so bad.

She puts away her airpods, in her pocket. I can see her lips move as she speaks.

Y/N's Pov:

"Hi grandma" I gulp. "I don't know if you can hear me, but I'm so sorry for everything" I look down to my hands on my laps. "I shouldn't have flee the country with Henry". I look back up to my grandma's grave. "I miss you so much, you were the only person who'd listen to me" I whisper shakily, tears rolling down my eyes. "I love you" I added. Just as I said that, it began to rain slightly. I sit and cry in silence, listening as the rain fell on the pathway through the graveyard. Suddenly I hear louder noises on the pathway, coming towards me. I didn't bother to check what the noise was.

"Was she your grandmother?"

I quickly wipe away my tears, startled before looking over my shoulder to see Nat standing behind me. The rain was dripping off her wet hair as she stares directly at me. A frown appeared on my face.

"Did you follow me?" I question while turning back towards the grave. "Is she?" Nat asked again and ignored my question. I sigh and slowly nod my head. "Yeah" I reply quietly. Out of the corner of my eyes, I can see Nat sit next to me. She moves closer and wrapped her arm around me. I lean my head on her wet jacket. "As long as I'm here, no one can hurt you, okay?" She said quietly. My entire face lit up and I notice myself smiling. Her words sent butterflies in my stomach. I pulled back to get a closer view of her. We were staring in each other's eyes, us both smiling. The rain falling on top of us as it started to rain heavier. "I love you" I said quietly. "I love you for infinity" She replied and leaned in. I close my eyes as our lips connected. I wrap my arms around her neck and smiled into the kiss. We slowly pull away. She drags me closer to her. I can feel her chin move on top of my head as she looks around us.

"I think we should go before we catch a cold" She whispered. I nod my head against her as she stands up, pulling me up with her.

I can feel her eyes all over me before she crouched down and turned her back towards me.

"You seem tired, hop on" she said, gesturing to her back. I gulp before walking closer to her. I place my hands on her shoulder and jump onto her back. She stands up and catched me. She holds up my legs and start to walk while I wrap my arms around her neck. I loosen some grip off her neck so that I can't suffocate her. I place my head on her shoulder as she starts to walk.

My life may not be going too good now, but when I'm with Nat she just makes everything better. We've known each other for a month now and only dated for 3 weeks, but I am truly in love with her. She makes me feel like I'm loved.

The soft raindrops on the ground causes me to get tired. I hung onto Nat like a koala and slowly close my eyes.