Part 28: Feels Like Home

After we packed out, we rode the elevator down and climbed into the car. Me, Yelena and Nat sit in the back while Henry sits at the front with uncle Ben.

"Before we go to the hospital, can we stop at 7 elven?" Nat asked. I turn my head towards her, seeing her look at uncle Ben for an answer. "Sure, we have time" uncle Ben respond as he began driving.

(...)

Nat came back in the car with a flower bouquet and a white giant chocolate slab in her hand. Wow, she really just bought that for my mom, I assume. "Who's that for?" Henry asked while twisting his body backwards. "I just wanted to get your mom a gift" Nat replies and placed the chocolate on her lap. "Well, that's one way how to get my parents to like you" I joke, causing them all to chuckle before uncle Ben clapped his hands together. "Right!, let's get going", with that being said, uncle Ben starts the car.

It was a quiet drive. I look out of the window, seeing the old park Henry and I used to visit when we were younger. The memory caused my eyes to tear up. Suddenly I feel a hand on my leg. I swiftly turn my head to see who placed their hand on my leg, it wasn't Nat. Instead, it was Yelena's hand. She shows me a soft smile, which I return back before seeing Nat behind Yelena, giving me a death stare. I slowly move my leg away from Yelena, causing her hand to fall off me. I then see Nat smirk and nod before leaning against the window. "Sorry, it just seemed like your feeling down" Yelena explains with a small smile on her lips. "Thanks, but I'm fine" I assure and send her a smile back before leaning against my window again. I can see Nat's reflection in my window, she's giving Yelena a death stare as Yelena tries to ignore her. Nat is very overprotective when it comes to me getting touched by someone else besides Henry, and I love it.

After some minutes my head shoot away from the window and look up to the huge hospital building. I gulp before uncle Ben talked.

"We're here" He announced. We all got out of the car. They walk in front of me as I slowly follow behind them. We stop at the desk at the front.

"We're here to see Maria Y/L/N" Uncle Ben said to the lady at the desk. "Third floor" the lady replied with a smile. We follow uncle Ben down the halls after he thanked the woman. We got onto the elevator. Henry pressed the third floor then the elevator start to move.

I didn't imagine I'd be back here, especially at the hospital in my old city. My heart starts to race, I'm nervous. Why am I nervous. It's my own parents, I don't need to be nervous. Suddenly I felt someone press against my head, causing me to snap back into reality. I tilt my head slightly up to see Nat place a gently kiss on my head, she knows that I'm nervous. I send a soft smile on my lips before she pulled back.

The elevator door opened and we all stepped out. Uncle Ben told us where to go as we followed him down the halls. We got to the room where my mother was in. I stand in front of the door and take in a deep breath before knocking on it.

"Can I help you?" A man asked before opening the door widely. My breathing hitched and my eyes widen. I feel like I wanted to tumble down, my legs feels like jelly, but then again, I'm frozen. It seems like he's also frozen and in shock... My father.

"Hi" I stutter. "Dad" I added while my eyes start to tear up. I can see my dad's eyes start to get watery. "Y/N, is that really you?" He stutter. I nod my head while I start to cry. He quickly drags me into his embrace as I cry silently into his shoulder. I can feel him place soft kisses on my head. "Henry?" He stutter and let go of me. I step out of the way, smiling as I see my brother tear up too. "Hey pops" he smiled and held out his arms. My dad drags him into his embrace. Suddenly my dad drags me into him and Henry, we all hugging together. As a family.

"I can't believe you two are here, all grown up" My dad whispers against my head as I hear his voice crack. "I'm so sorry" Henry said. "Sorry for what?" My dad replied.