Part 25: Normalizing

I wake up feeling something on my stomach. My eyes flicker open as I look down my body, seeing hands, resting on my stomach. No other than the highlighter hands. Dam, when is Nat going to was that off. I tilt my head upwards, Nat was still sleeping. We fell asleep on the couch it seems like. I slowly take her hand out of my shirt and place it on her leg. I then very carefully got out from between her legs and got up from the couch. I walk around the couch and went to the kitchen. I scan through the cabinets.

Let's see.... I can bake a cake? I take the flower out of the cabinet and gather all the ingredients. I place everything on the counter. I got out the utensils and began mixing the ingredients. Now and then I'd look up from the bowl and see Nat squirming around on the couch. I look back down and continue to mix the batter. When I was done mixing everything, I crouched down by the oven and put in the cake. I got back up and turn around to see Nat leaning against the counter while staring at me with a smirk.

"Holy shit, Nat!" I shriek and place my hand over my chest for a dramatic effect. Nat begins laughing. She pushes herself off the counter, towards me.
"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you" she apologize while dragging me into her embrace. I wrap my arms around her neck while she still hugs me. "What are you making?" Nat asked when she pulled back. She gives a quick glance at the oven. I turn around and look at the oven. "Oh, a cake" I reply. "You really should stop doing all the work you know?" Nat said and walked around the counter. "What do you mean?" I ask and turn around seeing her sit down on one of the counter chairs.
"You're doing way too much. Like for instance, you always wash the dishes and make food. You always clean the houses and you always work hard when it comes to being a con artist" Nat rambled. I cock back an eyebrow and cross my arms. Is she giving me compliments? Or...
"Thanks?" I reply. Nat chuckles at me and jumps up from her seat. She walks around the counter. "That wasn't a compliment, I'm being serious" she said softly and read out for my hands. "You need to normalize, take a break" Nat said while holding my hands.

I sigh. I guess I can take a break, but what about the cake.

"What about the-" "Don't worry, I'll handle the cake" Nat laughs, causing me to laugh with her. She releases my hands and points towards the couch. "Now go place your pretty ass down" Nat said. I sarcastically roll my eyes. "Fine, mom" I whine and mumble the last word. "What was that?" Nat asked, sounding all intimidating. "Nothing" I mumble and cross my arms. "That's what I thought, now go" she demands. I stroll toward the living room and flop down onto the couch.

"On and remember we're leaving tomorrow!" I remind Nat. "Got it" she yells back. I bring my attention back to the TV and turn on Stranger Things season 4. I was 15 minutes into an episode, Nat would walk back and forth from the kitchen and living room. Nat stands next to the couch I'm sitting on while she waits for the cake. The oven made a sound and Nat walked back to it.

"Ooo, Stranger things, my favorite!" The voice of Yelena said behind me. I look over my shoulder seeing Yelena walk down the stairs. "Mine too" I respond. Nat and Yelena greeted each other before Yelena came and sit down next to me. Eddie Munson popped up on the screen, causing Yelena to squeal.
"Oh my god Eddie' so hot!" Yelena yelled. Nat walks over to the living room with a disgusted face. "Ew" Nat mumbles. Oh, so she doesn't like Eddie? I took it as an advantage to tease her.
"I know right, Eddie's so fucking hot" I said while rolling my eyes upwards for effect. Out of the side of my eye, I can see Nat give me death stare. Nat cross her arms and rolls her eyes. She walks back to the kitchen. I watch Nat's every move as she crouches down in front of the oven to look at the cake. She got back up and caught me staring. She tilts her head to the stairs and nods, gesturing me to go up.

"Uh, Imma go dress quickly" I said. "Alright" Yelena replies. I drag my eyes away from Nat and stand up from the couch. I stroll to the stairs and slowly walk up. I walk towards my room and went in. I turn around and see Nat in the doorway.