Part 27: The Place I Grew Up

Chapter 2

We are currently sitting in the plane. This plane only has 2 seats in a row so Nat and I sit next to each other while Yelena and Henry is in front of us. The captain just announced that the flight is going to start. With that being said, we buckle ourselves up.

I was sitting next to the window so I look out of it. I take in the view of the city above as the airplane shot up. I didn't get too much sleep last night, because my mother was stuck on my mind. What if she hates Henry and I for running away? What if she never wants to see us again? What is she doesn't even care that we're back- I snap out of my thoughts as I feel Nat's hand on my knee, stopping my leg from bouncing. I shot my eyes to hers, seeing a soft smile on her lips which I returned.

"You don't have to be nervous, your parents will be so happy you came to visit" Nat says quietly. "How did you know I'm nervous because of my parents?" I ask while chuckling. "Remember, I can read people like a book" Nat teased followed by a wink. I giggle at her before leaning my head against her shoulder. She gently caresses my knee with her right arm as her left arm is wrapped behind me.

"Is there anything I shouldn't talk about in front of your parents? And should I bring them a gift?" Nat asked quietly with a nervous tone. Seriously, she just told me not to be nervous, now she is? I slightly push my head away from her shoulder to see her better.

"Just don't mention my uncle Ben helped us flee the country and if you REALLY have to bring something, my parents are a huge sweet tooth for white chocolate" I said. Nat slowly nods her head and thanks me. I send her a smile on my lips before leaning on her again. "You're a comfortable pillow" I mumble against her. A small chuckle came from her mouth. "I'm glad", She leans her head against mine. If I'm being honest, I'm truly fighting to stay awake right now. Nat's comfort is making me sleepy, in a good way. The way relationships should be- making each other feel safe. I practically gave up and let me sleepiness take over.

(....)

My eyes flicker open as I move away from Nat. "How was your nap" She asked quietly, taking her hands away from me. Did she really keep her hands on me the entire time I was asleep? The thought made me smile to myself, but I hide it by rubbing my eyes.
"Good" I reply, my voice a bit raspy. I stop rubbing my eyes and look to Nat, I caught her already staring at me, but she quickly looked down to her book she was reading. I got out my phone from my pocket with a yawn. My phone screen lit up, seeing tons of notifications. It's 12:40, only 20 more ours to go until our flight lands. I checked my notifications, evey one of them was from Instagram.

I went on Instagram to see I was tagged in  Yelena's Instagram posts. I smile to myself as I look though all the photo's. It was the pictures we took yesterday at the river. I liked her post before putting my phone away.

My head shot to my right towards Nat as I heard her slam her book shut. She was staring down at the book with wide eyes.

"Nat?" I asked. She slowly looks up to me, acting like she didn't just slam the book shut. "Yes?" She questioned back. I look down to her book. She saw me look at it then quickly opened it, acting like she's going to read it. I watch her scan through the page, she's not even reading it. I try to lean over her and see what's wrong, but she kept the book away from me.
"Nat show me" I said and grabbed the book from her. "Y/N-"

I turn around, my back facing her as I block her from getting back the book.
My eyes widen as I saw what she's reading. Lesbian smut. A devilish smirk grew on my face as I turn back around. Her entire face was red. I never seen her so flushed. She tried hiding her blushed face by a smirk while she stares into my eyes.

"You can try hiding your blushed face, it won't work on me, Natty" I tease and put back the book on her lap. She gulped and look down to the book.
"I didn't know it'll have lesbian smut in it" she whispered while still looking down. I chuckle.
"The book is literally titled 'A lesbians Life'" I said. She shot her head up to me. "Well, I didn't known it'll have smut in, it's an interesting book!" She fight back. I put my hands in the air, acting like I surrender.
"Alright, just don't have too much fun" I tease and look out of the window. I can see Nat's reflection in the window, she rolled her eyes then continued to read the book, but it seemed like she skipped the smut pages.