Part 16: Nights with Nat

"What can I get for you ladies?" The waiter asked, holding up her small note book to write down our order. Nat looks at me, cocking back her one eyebrow, gesturing for me to order first.

"I'll have the Albedo Pasta and red wine please" I speak up, scrolling though the menu.

The waiter writes my order down then looks at Nat.

"Can I get the red wine and the shrimp pasta please" Nat said.

The waiter walks away after thanking us. Nat's eyes following her entire move, out of the view. She looks back at me with a disgusted face.

"She's looking at you funny, smiling and blushing" Nat mumbles. I laugh at her overprotective side. She leans on the table and place her chin on her hand. "She's just being nice, Natty" I defend, trying to calm her down, but she just scoffs. We were staring at each other, not saying a word. I cross my arms and lean on the table too.

"You never really told me about your parents and family, besides Henry" Nat began. Her chin lifting up against her hand with every word. I break contact with her and stare at the table.
"Well, Henry and I have no interaction with our parents. We don't know where they are or they don't even know where we are. That's karma for running a way I guess" I mumble the last part. I look back up to Nat, her face showing symphony.
"Why'd you guys run away?" She asked quietly.
"Mostly we were getting tired of their fighting. Our parents didn't get along so much, they always yelled at each other. But another reason why we ran away is because we wanted to continue with the con job" I whisper the last part, even tho we're basically alone in the restaurant. Her eyes widen even more.

We continued talking about our past. before the waiter came with our food and drinks. The waiter purposely touched my hand while giving me my plate of pasta, but I choose to ignore it. She slides over Nat's food in front of her.

"Enjoy ladies"

With that being said, the waiter walked away.

We eat while talking about random shit. Like how she got in trouble for kicking a guy in his balls in grade 8, that made me burst out laughing. I sip on my wine while she tells me all about her journey from Russia to LA. I can listen to her speak all day. I stare at her lips while she licks off the sauce on her mouth. I mentally giggle at her and physically start to blush at how cute she is. I cover up my blush from behind my wine glass. We eventually talked about Henry and Yelena. They are definitely in a secret relationship. I checked my watch, it's 1:10 pm. I finish my last bit of pasta. I look over to Nat, she's also nearly finished with hers.

"Let's get out of here" she said.

She stands up and holds out her hand for me, I grab it with no hesitation. We walk to the counter and fought about who is paying. Nat quickly shoves her card in front of mine. I give her a death stare which she innocently shrugs to. We thanked the waiter and manager before interacting our hands together again. Nat holds the door open for me to walk out. She closes the door behind us.

"You know, I can pay right?" I tease, smiling as I look down to the ground while we walk to her car. "Well, today's dinner was on me" she defends. "Thanks, it was wonderful" I said. She looks at me with a frown. "We're not done yet, dorogoy" she smirks. I gulp heavily at her devilish smirk then clear my throat. She got out her keys and unlocks her car. She gets into the drivers seat and I get into the passenger seat.
"So, where are we going?" I ask, buckling up my seatbelt. She quickly glance over at me and smirk.
"You'll see"

I wonder where we're going, it can't be another restaurant we just ate. Maybe a zoo. Maybe a club? Nah.

"You're trying to figure out where I'm taking you, huh?" She laughed, keeping her eyes on the road. I scoff then look out of the window. Suddenly I feel a hand on my thigh.