Part 32: The Flight

"Remember to call me when mom's out of the hospital!" I yell as I wave back to my dad.
"Will do! Stay safe!" My dad yells back with a proud smile. I take a deep breath in before entering the airport building.

So we're heading back to NY. My parents exchanged numbers with us, so we'll be in touch. My dad agreed to stay with us in NY, he's just waiting for my mom to leave the hospital, it'll take a week.

Nat, Henry, Yelena and I take our seats in the plane. I'm a bit annoyed that the plane has 3 seats in each row, meaning that a stranger is going to sit next to us. Like always, I choose the seat next to the window and Nat next to me. Other people start to pile into the airplane. It seems like we're going to have some privacy since everyone is walking past us-

"Hello ladies"

I sigh as a young boy came and sit next to us, more like next to Natasha. The boy has blonde hair, braces, freckles and is wearing glasses with jeans and a plain red shirt.

"Hi" I replied since Nat isn't greeting the boy back.
"So, are you ladies single by any chance?" The boy asks. I burst out laughing and look out the window. Imma leave Nat to sort out this kid.
"First of all, you're literally 2 and second of all no, we're not" I hear Nat reply. I giggle at her response.

I turn back to the boy and Nat. The boy dramatically places his hand on his chest and gasp.

"Excuse you! I'm 9!" He mumbles.
"Alright kid, where's your parents" Natasha said as she looks over her seat to find his parents. Not like she knows how they look like.
"Oh, they're sitting behind us, the seats are full so I have to squeeze in here" The boy says and leans back in the chair with crossed arms. Nat nods her head and also lean back in her chair.

The pilot announce that we'll be flying now, then the plane starts to move. I look out the window as I take in the view of the landscape. There was silence for about 10 minutes before the boy talked.

"What's your name?" The boy asked Nat. Nat sighs and turns to me. She gives me the 'what should I do' look. "Just talk to him, he looks lonely" I tell Nat. She groans then turn to the boy.
"I'm Natasha" Nat breathed out. "Nice" the boy weirdly sang out then leans forward to look at me. I raise my eyebrows at him.
"What about you pretty lady" The boy asks me. I chuckle at him and Nat tilts her head.
"Did you just call her pretty lady?" Nat asked sternly, giving the boy a death stare. The boy gulps and nods his head. Nat presses her tongue against her mouth and nods her head.
I lean into Nat.

"He's 9, Natty. Relax" I tease quietly. She groans and rolls her eyes. I lean forward to the boy.

"I'm Y/N, what about you?" I ask him. The boy smiles. "I'm Steve!" The boy replies.
"Nice to meet you Steve" I say with a smile. I giggle as his cheeks turn slight red. I then adjust my body and sit straight up.

"So you too have boyfriends, Right?" The boy, now named Steve asked. Nat groans and leans towards me. "I swear, if he keeps asking that type of questions, I'm literally gunna kiss you in front of him" Nat whispers to me. I chuckle at her and shake my head.

"Hey Steve, look here" I call out for the boy. He hums in response then looks at Nat and I. I quickly cup Nat's cheeks and just give her a peck on the lips. I don't want to deepen the kiss because I don't want to make a scene for this young boy.

"Wowza!" The boy practically yells. I pull back from Nat and lean in my seat. Out of the corner of my eye, I can see Nat stare at me with a shocked expression.
"That's what I like, ladies! Do it again!" Steve cheered. I turn to Steve and laughs. "Okay buddy, you had your fun" Nat says to the boy. He groans and rolls his eyes.

I just notice how alike Nat and the boy is. They both groan and roll their eyes when their annoyed and they both like lesbian kisses. They both are also very flirty. I giggle silently then place my head on Nat's shoulder. She wraps her one arm around my body and with her other hand, she gently brushes my leg, up and down. I force my eyes to stay open, but fail.

(....)

I woke up to multiple voices whisper shouting. I then remember Nat and the boy, Steve. They don't get along well last time I checked.

I quickly pull back from Nat's shoulder with wide eyes, scared that Nat and the boy is fighting.

"Oh, sorry, did we wake you?"

I ignore Nat's question. They're not fighting? I look at Steve to see him holding a tablet, probably his, in the middle of him and Nat. I look closer to the screen. Soccer? They were watching and yelling over a live soccer tournament?

"Uh, no you didn't" I finally reply to Nat's answer and slowly look back to her. A smile appears on her lips before she spoke.
"Steve and I are just watching soccer, wanna watch with us?"
"Yes, pleas watch with us!" Steve cheered. I laugh at them before shrugging. "Sure, why not" I add.
"Cool!" Steve cheered and gave Nat the tablet since she's sitting in the middle. Steve and I lean against Nat to get a better view of the tablet.

I smile at the both of them whisper shouting when the other team scored a goal. I never really thought Nat was serious about having a child, but I guess she really does want to start a family. The more I see Nat with kids, the more I love her and the more I want to start a family with her.
I didn't even notice Nat tilting her head towards me, until she whispers.

"You gunna watch the soccer or me?" She teases quietly so that Steve doesn't hear. Shit, I've been staring at her, haven't I? I can feel my cheeks getting warmer, yup, I definitely stared and she caught me. Nat laughs at me then looks back at the screen. I sigh before also looking back at the tablet.

Yelena turned around on her seat, in front of me. "How much longer until we arrive?" She asks. I hum while thinking. "15 minutes" Nat replies while she stares at the tablet. Yelena nods and was about to turn back into her seat before she spots Steve.

"A boy?" Yelena whispers to me. I look to make sure Steve can't hear us, and he can't, because he's fixated on the tablet screen.
"Yup" I reply quietly, popping out the p. Henry also turns around and looks at Steve.
"Looks like Natasha found her new best friend" Henry teases quietly to me, but Nat heard.

"Hey, I heard that!" Nat says and shoots her head up to Henry, giving him a death stare. Henry laughs before turning back into his seat.
"Heard what?" Steve asked Nat, finally looking somewhere else than the screen. "uh, I just heard that the..." Nat stutters and looks around. My eyes follow where Nat is looking at. An employee handing out peanuts.
"I just heard that the lady is handing out peanuts!" Nat lies and points to the lady hanging out the peanuts, her other hand holding the tablet.
Yelena chuckles before turning around on her seat.

"Oh okay" Steve replied and then again brought his attention back to the tablet screen. "Nice save" I tease quietly. Nat side eye me and nods before she also looks back to the screen.

The last bit of minutes on the flight was quiet. Nat and I just watched soccer with the kid while eating peanuts.

Then the airplane landed