Chapter 1: Winter Dream

"Lisa?"

A young Jaewon appeared right in front of her while she's collecting snow with a shovel.

"Aren't you too old to play like a child? You're already ten years old, why don't you read books or play instruments," Jaewon raise a brow at her. Distaste that he had to witness the childishness of his future wife.

"I don't want to," Lisa stubbornly said and turn around to pick her shovel from the ground.

She heard Jaewon sighed behind, "You know you should be pursuing your dream instead of sulking,"

"My dreams?" Lisa asked.

"Yes, don't you have a dream?" He asked.

"My dream.." Lisa said, she remembered her mother playing with her in the snowfield backyard of their mansion, little did she know that their last enjoyment will become her mother's tragic end, they discovered her hiding her illness that the moment they knew her case, she already had a liver failure.

And Lisa blamed herself because she couldn't do anything while her mother is coughing up blood to her death, she was frozen from shock, her trauma causes her nightmares of that day ever since.

"I have a constant dream of my mom's death because of me, should I go to heaven and deal with the gods to bring her back?" She said.

Jaewon face slap himself, "That's not what I'm talking about,"

"Then what is it?" Lisa turn to him.

"Your future self, where do you think yourself doing, what are you going to take for college," Jaewon asked.

"I don't know maybe.. charity, if there's one that I want to do.. I want to help people like how my mom does," Lisa said.

Jaewon stare at her and pondered, if she will only works in organization that helps poor people, she will not stand out that much to be worthy of becoming his wife. If that's the case then..

"Why don't you become a doctor instead?" Jaewon suggested. "Doctors helps people in need, a doctor that I can be proud of,"

"Think of it Lisa, you can be a physician or better yet a surgeon that saves lives," "You can save someone's life, and perhaps your mother is telling you to do that because she always appears in your dream,"

She looks at him for a few second before staring at the shovel on her hand, thinking through his words. He might be right. Deep within her, she want to know what causes her mother's death. She already started reading more about liver failure and what it's causes, in their library but never thought pursuing to be a doctor. If she becomes a doctor, she can help her father in the long run, and her older sister won't need to go to famous international medical school in Thailand. She heard her big sister Chaeyoung hates it a lot, she saw her crying in her drawing room because she loves doing arts, but their father wants her to study medicine so she can handle PVH Hospital.

"So what do you think?" Jaewon asked.

"I'll see too it.." Lisa said with determination. "If I can be a doctor I'll be able find out the cause of my mother's death, and runs a clinic in our Hospital,"