Chapter 31: Black Supper

"There you are Lin,"

Lin bolted up from reality as her father caught up with her long pause. She turned to her father's annoyed face and averted her eyes.

"How long are you going to embarrass me, Seo Lin? Be thankful that your sister is away to accompany me, and you have to take her place for the meantime!" "You're in the Palace, act like a true lady," Mr Seo scolded his daughter discreetly.

"Yes, I know.. Dad," Lin nodded, pursed a smile towards Mrs. Jung.

"Oh my dear, you look fabulous today," Mrs. Jung said.

"You are too, Aunt Hana," Lin said, while Mrs. Jung hooked her arms on Lin's arm and went towards their seat together, with her seating next to the chair of the Queen followed by Mrs Jung, Mr Jung, Chairman Seo, Jaewon, Lisa, Chairman Park, Chaeyoung, Jimin, and Jungkook who is next to the King's chair.

Soon enough they heard a knock from another door from the opposite direction of the door the guests had entered, Jungkook stood up from his chair getting everyone's attention.

"The King and Queen Regent has arrived,"

And as Jungkook announced the arrival of the King and Queen, the door opened from the other side, welcoming the great leader of the nation. The King is wearing a suit and blue sash on his right, and the Queen is wearing a beautiful shining dress in white with a sash on her right, an emerald necklace and earrings, matched her with an emerald tiara for the celebration.

"Your Majesties," They all lower their heads with utmost respect, the girls curtsy to them as well.

"I'm so glad that everyone is already here," Jung hyun said as he assisted his wife to walk in front of them, he moved a chair for her and let his Queen sit before him and told everyone to take a seat while he remained standing.

"You can all take a seat," Jun hyun said, faking cough to start his speech, "I invited you all for this special occasion to celebrate a successful medical mission in the south with a great review from across the nation," "I had a word that investors are starting to take in the cities that were affected by the war five years ago, although that said cities didn't have great damage, investors are afraid to build their businesses," "But now as the Grand Prince's observation and visit to the villages, and the help of Doctor Jung's quick treatment of the people, they started coming back and the mayor for the city gave me a word that the land are starting to grow more," "Soon enough there will be a good additional amount of work for the people of the south,"

Everyone clapped their hands, they didn't know the success of the medical mission was not as simple as they expected it to be. Their only thought was that the medical mission is for the sake of charity, but now it seems it also involves the growth of the economy for the people of the south.

"So if you think this celebration is mere congratulations to your charity you are mistaken, this night we will give you the honor of the gold plaque for the your cooperation with us, but the large sum of charity you provided will be in great use to those who are need in the south," "Which means, ParksVille High Group of Companies' Chairman will not only receive a gold plaque tonight but also a name of nobility,"

Their eyes widened, everyone didn't expect this to happen, even to Jungkook. A name of nobility to a commoner like him. Even if it isn't as powerful as those who are aristocratic, it is still a good name for him.

"A noble name.. Your Majesty, I think this is too much.." Chairman Park hung his mouth open.

"The mayor gave me the small list of investor for the villages and I saw your name as the largest, Chairman Park," "This isn't just a simple business in contract you gave a money for people, and anyone who do this gallant act shall be given a name of nobility,"