Chapter 8: Do you?

"Kook come here, I can't swim that great," Lisa went to the side where the ladder was and sat there. Jungkook swam near the boat and slowly Lisa joined him in the clear water.

"Ahh! It's cold," She said, taking his hand as they separated themselves from the boat.

"Just deep in you'll recover fast," She smiled and nodded.

Jungkook found its way back to her eyes, and Lisa did too. They're both silent, just allowing their distance close as she slowly swam towards him while holding his hand until only a few inches on their gap allowed them to breathe in.

Lisa felt a little intimidated with his serious gaze on her that her heart felt nervous, and the cold water isn't making it any better for her.

"You look scared," He broke their silence.

"No, just a little cold," She excused.

"You'll get used to it if you stay a little longer," He said, averting his eyes from her and pulling her a little close to his naked top.

Lisa tensed, "What are you doing Jungkook?"

"Warming you a little," Jungkook answered, Lisa turned around on her own not wanting her nose to touch his cheeks, she felt his warm naked top touched her back, his slowly paddling thigh on her legs, and his big hand on the bottom of her ribs, supporting her to float.

She gasped in silence as she felt his cheeks touch her ears, his other hand clasped her waist. She doesn't even know how on earth they are still floating with all her weight on him.

It didn't take her long to warm herself, his hot breathing and his touches is enough to make her feel hot. She pulled away from their contact.

"Thank you but I can handle myself now," She backs away a little, going to a safe distance. She felt intimidated without his gaze. His silence while he tightened his hold on her waist earlier sends an intense feeling that she's afraid to play around.

"If you say so," He said, biting his inner cheek and floating his back around her effortlessly while staring at the early form of golden hour. He almost lost himself for a second, he internally thanked her for swimming away from him, they needed this space.

"How are you so good at floating? I can't do that without paddling my feet," She asked.

"I told you, I am navy, I learned how to navigate the sea, drive a ship and sail, and most especially learn basic survival," He said while calming himself, and she nodded.

They both stared at the sky while allowing the cold sea breeze touch their face, tomorrow they will separate in their own ways. She has to go back to reality tomorrow and face her problem. Thankfully Jaewon didn't contact her throughout her getaway, it's unlikely he would get lost of his track of her, but it's probably the work of her sister and her husband. 

And there goes her questions in mind.

Can she really be a wife again?

Can she forgive him after all he did? Cheating is not a simple act. She knew that she was tempted a few times to flirt around with Jungkook.

But everything she does, her mind goes back to how she saw Jaewon and Lin in their bedroom. However, the fun, the excitement, the eagerness to see Jungkook again, and the sadness she felt today that she will go back again with the surname passed to her.

Or just file a divorce and take all the consequences?