Chapter 19: We Can't Be Friends

"Kookie, can you check if I still have sand on my dress?"

"Turn around, and let me see,"

Jungkook checked her back and wiped a little sand on her skin and patted the end of her skirt. After their talk they catch up a little more and decide to go back or people will notice they're gone for too long, now they are at the gate going back to the Palace where no one is guarding.

"You're good," Jungkook told her.

Lisa on the other hand took a glance at him and saw his hair messed up a little, his loosened tie was crooked, and there was sand on his suit. He looks like he went to the beach and played with the sand.

"Pft!" She chuckled, "You look like you played in the sand!"

"Huh? What?" Jungkook wiped his chest and back, he turned for her and saw that because his back was filled with sand, she laughed harder.

"Ya! You dare to laugh at your Grand Prince?! help me!" Jungkook said, while she's laughing.

"Mianhe! Mianhe! Here let me do it for you," Lisa laughed, and helped him remove the sand on his suit and pants.

She felt like taking care of a kid who played too much from the dirt. She went back in front of him after cleaning his back. And when she saw his necktie was crooked and his hair still a mess, she hesitated.

"Bend over for a bit," She said nonetheless.

Jungkook blinked his eyes on her but he ended up obeying her. She fixed his hair and removed the dirt on his roots. His face flushed from the proximity of their face that he could feel her breathing closer. His inner self can't stop the loud echoes of their love making in the past, it is still vivid in his memories, and now that she's inches closer he felt unintentionally seduced.

How am I gonna move on if you're like this?

"Done, You're as good as you entered the ball," She pushed him back. And once done, he scratches the back of his ears, and moves backward.

"I'll go to the right entrance, you go to the left," He said, averting her eyes. He didn't know a simple mascara, eyeliner, and fake lashes on her eyes can make it look a hundred times attractive.

"But isn't left much farther?" Lisa creased her brows, pouting her lips and accidentally stomped her heels.

Cute.

"My quarters is on the right, no one will suspect me of being with you if I went that way," "And the left entrance is where the lounge and rest room was, so you can alibi if someone asks you where you've been," He explained.

"Alright smart pants, you know better," Lisa nodded.

Jungkook can't help but smile at her small annoyance. "I'll see you back in the ball, Lisa,"

He turned his back to walk away but Lisa held his arm a little which made him stop and look back at her, she was smiling. "I'm sorry for what I did earlier, Jungkook but.."

"Happy Birthday, Kookie.." She giggled sweetly before going to the left entrance of the ballroom, leaving him confused and expressing clearly how deep his feelings went for her, even after almost five months being separated. He is completely enamored by their pleasant memories. He had to support himself against the wall that his heart melted just like that.

Does she always giggle at her husband too?

Does she hold his arm like that and look like a goddess?

"What did you do to me Lisa?" He already asked a million questions in mind but the answers always end up hurting him. How can he move on if she looks at him like that?