Chapter 35: Miss Me?

Single life has many perks and pros.

You can do the things you can't while you're married and no one is there to stop you from doing so.

And just like any other achiever like Lisa, she made her time wisely by planning out her days until Jungkook returned from his tour.

She listed a few things she couldn't do when she married or even engaged to Jaewon, since all her life she dedicated to be a doctor and worthy enough to be his wife.

And so, as she started her waiting, she decided to type down her bucket list. And that is to go to a museum all by herself, go to an observatory and look for a star, learn some basic laws and politics because she found Jungkook's work amusing after watching him on news to learn more about what their government was doing, and possibly they can share thoughts when he gets back.

She would often read more about the monarchy's history and even went to a lecture about the history of Korea, she learned about the changes of tradition, and the growth which made the entire nation wealthy. She initially thought monarchy in Korea were just mere gems for tourism, a flock that people needed to feed, but with their strong power of innovations and their wide adaptive to change. She is a fool to dare say that royal family are simply a mere gem. She describe the two brothers and their ancestors the family born ingeniously charitable to their society. They are sincere with helping people, allowing many opportunities for them which made the country one of the richest country in the entire world.

And now she knows how important their existence is to run the whole country. Even more so that she knew about Jungkook's worth in royalty, making them the most famous family in the whole world as of today.

She learned more and more about their culture, their tradition, the simple etiquette in the Palace that she watched from youtube, and she understood some of the state affairs because she watched him everyday even when they're both busy with work in the evening, it only takes them a video call, looking at each other from time to time until they finally said goodnight.

One of the most important part of her single life is the renovation of their house, yep she can say it that way. Before Jungkook left the country as an international delegate, she didn't let him go for the whole day. She made sure to run him out to spill and make him tired enough to look like he ran a marathon for a hundred kilometers. She made sure he is well given his reward, although her back is aching from them sleeping in a carpet, she is fulfilled and loved all throughout the night.

Thus, she promised to make their house the best she can give to Jungkook when he returns. She renovated the whole place: a beautiful bungalow with 3 bedrooms with their own comfort room, a small guest room that was built on their backyard, and the large master's bedroom, a spacious living room, connected to a wide kitchen and dining area.

She redesigned the place with a touch of their love. She heard from him that he loves the color of the woods combined with light colors, he said that it gives him much comfort in a minimalist design exactly how he decorated his own Palace in Gyeongbokgung. She made the whole place mixed in with what they love without him knowing how the place really looks like. She was adamant to tell him how the place changed when the renovation was finished, until now that she's finally living alone in the house that he bought.

She just hoped Jungkook would love it, so she gave all her time customizing the whole place.

But what makes her single life precious along with the house of love, was the bouquet of flowers every month that he promised, it is always sent to her the same day he went to her clinic the day before he left, with a scented letter stamped with a navy wax containing fluttering lines which make her inside bubbles erupt. Even Jennie is giggling at the blooming state of the Professor since she started dating the Prince. How did she know? She was the one giving those bouquet and letters every month.