Promises

"Bet?"

San looks down at me and smiles before slowly getting off.

"Nah, nevermind. I know you'll win. I need to finish studying for the test or my mom is going to kill me." He gets off the bed and goes back to his chair.

See? Only care about the grades!

Oh, calm down! He's legit paying you to teach him, not to flirt and roll around.

Stop being in self-pity as you get to work.

But we were having shush a good time-

No, YOU were having a good time. It's not time to get back to work.

"Yeah, you're right... Let's get you ready to memorize all the formulas!" I try my best to say with a happy tone as I get up and sit besides him.

"Oh please, let's not assume things. There is absolutely no way I can remember all of these!" He points to the chemistry book.

"Of course there is! You just need some... motivation! What do you want?"

He crosses his arms and raises an eyebrow as a response.

"I mean like, if you get a 90 or higher on the pop quiz, i'll give you an award!"

"Anything?"

"No."

He throws his head back and goes back to looking at the book. "Aww..."

"Dude, I don't have any money or power so I mean maybe something in my talent or range." I pat his back.

His pouting was cute, cringe, but very cute.

"Something you can do..." He slowly faces me and smiles.

"Yep!"

"Hm, if I get a 100, you'll have to ask Spider-Man to come to Seonghwa's party."

Fuck.

"Ummm, I don't know... I don't wanna bother him with-"

"Humph." He says before looking away from me and putting his head down on the desk.

"Aw come on, don't be like that! I'm not his manager."

Nothing.

"Sannie?"

Nothing.

...

"Fine!" He whips his head back to me and smiles brightly. "I'll ask! But if he can't come, he can't come! Understand!"

He grabs my hands and gets up to jump up and down.

"Yes! Yes! Thank you!"

"Yeah yeah, don't worry bout it. Calm down and study. Number 4 and 14 are wrong." I simply say he goes back to his chair.

"Sir, yes sir!"

I am going to regret this, huh?

—-

The rest of the week was filled with studying and hangouts that I've always had to bail last minute because of the stupid lizard people.

I remember the first time I had to bail. San had asked me to hang out after the tutoring session but I got an alert.

San soon began to ask less and less before completely not asking anymore.

I hated seeing the sadness and the pained expression every time I tell him I have to go earlier or when we are studying and we start talking about a movie we want to see.