Chapter 3- Sophie POV

A/N Conan Gray for ya guys.... also this is set at the time Sophie and Fitz were together. 

Also quick Trigger warning:  suicidal thoughts, depression, family complications, language

Sophie stepped out of her Elvin History class with Sandor closely trailing behind. She rolled her eyes 

"Sandor, no one is gonna kidnap me in the middle of a hallway in Foxfire!" She said, her tone iced with playfulness. She softly shook her head and laughed to herself

"Just doing my job Ms Foster" Sandor replied in his usual high pitched voice. 

Sophie spotted Keefe lost in thought near his usual ditching spot, he smiled at random times, and whenever he smiled she instinctively smiled. Weird. she thought.

She decided back and forth between going up to him. She quickly glanced around her and quickly ran up to him before she could be late to lunch. Her friends would definitely question her when she got back but.... they could wait. 

"Keefe?" She asked quietly snapping him out of his trance.

"FOSTER!" He yelled as he blushed, "sorry, didn't see you there!" She smiled "Oh also I have an amazinngggg prank for Magnate Leto if you want to join in" Keefe wiggled his eyebrows. He took her hand guiding Sophie to his office.

"First, your eyebrows are gonna fall off if you keep wiggling them" She giggled "Two" She let go of his arm. "People will assume... stuff and Fitz might- i mean you know" His smile fell. 

"Oh... uh yeah Fitzy... don't worry we can do it another time. Uh... yeah our friends are probably waiting"

"You coming?" She gestured to the cafeteria. He shook his head 

"Detention" He muttered almost sadly. Without his charm. She didn't think anything of it but was still concern. She tilted her head.

"Hey! Stop looking at me like that... no sympathy or pity, remember?" He said sadly.  "Have fun with Fitzypooo!" He yelled, she could tell there was hurt laced in his words but why?

But little did she know what he knew....

.........................................

KEEFE POV

"Oh... uh yeah Fitzy... don't worry we can do it another time. Uh... yeah our friends are probably waiting" He looked down, selfish. He was selfish.... Sophie had a boyfriend, he was protective, he knew that. But some small part of him hoped they could still act like they were 13 but he knew that that was impossible. Sophie had too much weight on her shoulders. 

On another note he knew his dad would be home this afternoon, great, no privacy.  Great, he may get a lecture but at least Candleshade was big, enough room to escape his problems. Tears threatened to fall but he blinked them back, He knew that he should be grateful that he was able to have freedom but he couldn't help .... his sadness, all he wanted to do was leave and find somewhere quiet and private, he could cry there. 

"You coming?" She said oblivious to what he was feeling, as much as Soph knew about him, he never told her what happened at home, what he faced, then she would get all concerned and pity him. She couldn't deal with all that, this stupid love triangle, school and being potentially the most imporant elf in the world.

He shook his head looking at his shoes. She tilted her head, she knew something was wrong, he hoped she hadn't figured out what it was. 

"Hey! Stop looking at me like that... no sympathy or pity, remember?" He said with a less than convincing smile . "Have fun with Fitzypooo!" He yelled, he later regretted it. He could feel all her emotions. The fear, worry and the confusion but most of all she was scared. 

He halted, the realization dawning on him, he shook his head recomposing himself but all the way to his private place all he could think about was Sophie, like it wasn't regular but this time he knew something. 

Sophie.... she and Fitz, they were falling apart. And even though Keefe wanted to help, he knew he would only be a complication.  A single tear slipped down his face, they kept coming and coming before he couldn't stop them. Fitz knew that Keefe liked Sophie. He knew that much. Sophie was obviously being oblivious.... as always and he couldn't help feeling hopeless. 

He wish that he was dead, his dad could have another son who was more successful and was way better than him, his friends would be good people, not be in detention, Sophie and Fitz could be happy and this  shitty triangle wouldn't exist, his mother wouldn't want him to live up to his legacy, everyone would be off better. 

He hated himself, he was a coward despite the multiple times he put on an act, he hated how foolish he acted around Sophie, he hated his life. He hated his family, the corrupted family, how Fitz acted like Sophie was an object, how his friends felt pity for him, how everyone acted as if he belonged in a mental facility, like he was a defect!

Why was life the most unfair thing? All he wanted was a normal life, a kid who could enjoy his life with friends and a perfect family like the Vackers, I guess minus Alvar. Or loving like the Ruewens. Although Sophie did make everything better. He chuckled softly. 

Why was he who he was?  Because his mother, it always led back to her, he hated her, but as much as he wanted to hate her, she was always in his life as much as he wanted to disconnect her completely. She was always there waiting for him to fufill the legacy she so badly wanted. 

Keefe Sencen was a failure, with shit parents, a failed love life and an unfourtunate end it looked like

Lots of people care about you Keefe

Lots of people

Lots of people.... He laughed at the thought. No one would ever acknowledge him, they either thought of him as just another good looking elf or a depressed elf with psycho parents. Great, although each option is flattering, her preferred the option where he was a normal teenager, although he knew that, that possibility was laughable at best.

He just wanted to be alone, his quiet space was actually beautiful, it kept him calm. It was out the back of Foxfire, the forest behind was lush and beautiful. The ancient trees stretched to the sky blocked part of the sun that beamed down on his face. The wind ruffled his hair and his ice blue eyes were trained on the beautiful waterfall with colours of water streaming down. It was really a sight to behold.

He had never taken anyone here, except..... someone he used to know. 

Tears continued to stream down his face and small sobs escaped his lips.

"Keefe?" a familiar voice said from behind him. "Are you okay?"

OOOOOHHHHH PLOT TWIST. Poor Keefe, its gonna get better for him, but even writing that, a bit too close to home lol. 

Also what are your thoughts for the "someone he used to know". I swear this plotline has been in my head forever and I can't wait to write it down. 

Hint: This person is one of my OC's so I hope you like them when they are introduced. 

Anyhoooo feel free to comment love ya!

ALSO CONAN GRAY IS A F***ING GENIUS