Chapter 10 : Ashleigh POV

A/N : Feeling productive so you guys better comment and vote for all this hardwork! 

Also finished this chapter and last chapter in school and risking my near perfect grades and studying Much Ado About Nothing for this so please vote or comment, also wanna dedicate this chapter to AgentAzrailPyren for being a very supportive supporter of both this story and my kotlc react on this account, and singing harry styles with me. guys I really appreciate all your votes, comments and questions! 

Hopefully this chapter clears up some questions, but just a warning mysterious "Be Patient" female on the imparter will not be revealed straight away at least not in this chapter.

I approached Sophie in the hallway, she looked terrified and frozen, I could tell she was about to scream so I stretched my arm out to cover her mouth. She made a soft whimpering sound. Time seemed to slowing down. My hand reaching out to Sophie, the brunette in hallway, so eerily creepy. Sophie's wide eyes and her parting mouth. She couldn't get caught up in this

Not yet

Sophie seemed so upset, and I wish I could blame her, but I couldn't so I pulled her hand, silently whispering to myself and pulling her down the hallway.  I covered her with a black hood and pulled her out a door, I weaved down a passage with Sophie silently tearing up and tears spilling over onto the cobblestone, quietly dripping on to the stones. She suddenly started falling limp, my arms drooped with her and suddenly she was shaking on the floor, crying and sobbing on the floor. 

I lifted her, slinging her arm around my shoulder and we walked silently down the hall. I reached the ancient wooden oak door, my shoulders sagged and I placed Sophie on the floor silently and I reached out to the door handle. Memories flooded in. 

8 years old, sitting out the  front of foxfire

My brown hair with blonder streaks fell around my shoulders as I picked up my dropped Elvin History book. My belongings spilt out on the floor and groaning I bent down to pick it up. 

No one wanted to help the weird girl

No one wanted to stop and bother to help.

A boy emerged on the other side of the hall and girls immediately flocked to him and his friend. Thankfully, sparing me embarrassment. I said a silent thanks in my head.

In short, it didn't work

The boy with ruffled blonde messy hair which fell over his face came and bent down to eye level with me. His striking ice blue eyes were peaceful and contrasted to my sea blue dark eyes. 

"New girl?" He cocked his head to the side and mischeviously smirked, I flinched and braced for impact, this guy looked like he was about to play a massive prank on me, that happened a lot. He reached out and poked my shoulder and said , his breath hot on my face "Dude, I'm not gonna hurt  you, im not that mean.". 

I poled his shoulder aggresively, so much that he  fell back onto his hands. "Firstly, im not a "dude" and second I "  Poke "Do" Poke "Not" Poke "Need" Poke "Your" Poke "Help" .

He held his hands up in surrender. "Woah! Okay...Okay!"  He winked cheekily

He strutted away while girls eyed me evilly. 

12 years old 

Keefe came and tackled me from behind. I screamed and shook my head . I didn't miss the dirty glares I got from Rosalyn Sanderlide. My mortal enemy

"You scared me!" I said poking his shoulder

"GUESS WHAT?!" He yelled. I screamed again. Bitch

"What?" I said annoyed. 

"I manifested as an Empath!" 

"Wow! That's amazing! Your so lucky!"

"Still nothing?" He asked dully. I flinched, he noticed

"no-"

"Ash?-" 

Dame Alina saved my butt that day. 

"Shouldn't you two be in class?!"

We ran like hell. (Sophie and keefe met when he was 14 im pretty sure)

14 years old:

"I'm gonna miss you AJ..." Keefe said softly

Tears slid down my cheeks, my parents were having trouble in the lost cities, I wasn't allowed to know what happened so I had to move, unknowingly, up until last week. "Me too... "

He tackled me into a hug. I'm so sorry I whispered in my mind. I looked over to see my parents taking my brother into their arms. I stood  still for a moment, both of our breathing slowed as I let go, let go of 6 years of friendship, let go of 6 years of memories, let go of the hug, let go of him. 

I smiled and turned to my parents, they motioned me over. 

"Hey!" Keefe called out. I turned back, his mouth opened to form one word but closed to make a different word. "Stay safe!" .

I snuck into his head.... he wouldn't know I was there, no one knew anything about me anymore. 

His thoughts were puksing but one word I could make out clearly. 

Stay,

But I couldn't stay, no matter how hard it was to understand . I couldn't tell him why I had really left, why I needed to leave. I gave him one more sad smile as I shimmered away. I appeared in front of an oak door. My parents and brother had gone, just like we planned. Just like I had planned, my palm brushed the bronze door handle. The room was dark, ominous, eerie. Just like i planned. 

I turned the door handle to open it. Here it goes....

I have two regrets in my life, three regrets, three choices I made, everyday since then I had been on point, stealthy, sneaky, decieitful. 

But I had three regrets. 

Leaving Keefe that day was one

But the others.....

I was shaken from my thoughts, Sophie was coming around. I stared at the brass knob and back at Sophie. 

Regret is a strange emotion and I'll admit it makes me feel guilt. So I need to confess, get it off my chest and be free.

I regretted sedating Sophie.

... but as I said 

Confessing just sounds so much better.

"You kids and your dramatic entrances." A voice rang out from the darkness.