Chapter 27: Sophie POV

A/N: We lovin' the new cover orrrr whattttt??? I LOVE IT! OMG!

AND IT WAS RLLY QUICK TO CREATE! <3

Anyway enjoy this wholesome chapter!

Also shouout to this SLAY queen AudreyArtGirl ILY SO SO MUCH <3 THIS CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TO YOU! Ik this dedication is late since you commented soooo long ago but I had to give you a shoutout. Your so so so amazing!

Also! Sorry for being so slow...I've been in a little writing slump. I kinda know where this story is going but not too big of an idea so rn im just gonna give time to Dex to settle in. 

Tbh even I didnt expect the ending. I just let the writing flow do its work- 

The worst part about this is now I need to change a few things in this story cuz of this ending- ugh i hate when that happens.

I actually started writing this chapter last year. Get it New Years joke? No-

Tears escaped my swollen eyes as I took in the sight of Dex. All in one piece Dex. My shaky hand covered my mouth as I slowly inched towards him. Afraid that if he wasn't real-

He'd disappear-

Again-

I slowly started pacing towards him- now afraid if I waited too long- he'd also disappear. I couldn't deal with that. His dimples lifted when I ran and sank into the big hug he welcomed me with. Ugly sobs started escaping my mouth and wet tears soaked his crumpled tunic. I wrapped my hands tighter around his waist.

"Woah there Sophie. I still need to breathe!!" He chuckled. 

I hit him on the arm. I glared at him.

"No you don't." I said all too seriously. 

He smiled and his eyes lifted. 

I smiled and collapsed into him. I sat there thinking.

"Your alive." Shakily I steadied myself. 

"Your alive right now and that's all that matters." I said matter-of-factly. "Please don't leave me again." I mumbled into him.

I cleared my throat and said quietly "We should probably go and you know- explain how you rose from the dead-"

I could see the gears turning in his head. "So-who IS here?" He finally replied kicking the ground and keeping his head hung low. I sympathetically smiled, not trying to overwhelm him.

"Uh- Fitz, Biana, Linh, Tam, Marella, Maruca, Stina- everyone! But if you feel it's too much you can always ask me to ask Mr Forkle to set you up a room." 

So she quickly caught Dex up on everything, from Ashleigh and her background, to how they thought he was dead, to the fact they needed to stay hidden and they wouldnt be able to go home in a while.

"So- if you need your parents will pack you some stuff and Mr Forkle will pick it up. I'm sorry-" I finished, half smiling, half grimacing. 

Dex ran a hand through his hair and breathed out. "So- Ashleigh is alive?" 

"What?" I said confused

He breathed out slowly "Well- I just thought- a scream-" He stopped and his eyes crinkled and being his best friend I knew he was deep in thought, I walked away intent being not to disturb him.

I pulled my hair from my sweat sticky neck, and despite the circumstances I smiled, like really smiled. Biana came up to me and opened her mouth to say something when she spotted Dex behind her eyes widened, in some type of indescribable exictment. Her eyes started to glisten.The words she was about to say long forgotten. Her hands were clenching and unclenching and she shakily breathed out. I smiled at Biana as she calmed herself.