Chapter 30 : Keefe POV

Doing the right thing can hard, but making decisions that mean doing the right thing can be even harder.

When I saw the broken look on Sophie's face, all because of my actions, karma pulled me in, and like all, sucked me in to the eternal relentless hole that was in actual fact hell. So the Neverseen was the option I was left with. Usually, I would create some master plan to sneak out, or to cause trouble. But this time, a trance came over me, and suddenly I was obedient. Usually, my mother would look on, observing my behaviours. But now, I had just given up. 

So I obeyed her commands and hoped that the decision would help in doing the right thing. Making the right choice, fufilling my unavoidable destiny that lie ahead. 

                                               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I pulled the door open to see my mother standing quietly in a room that was deemed her "office". Less of an office more of a community room. That's why most recruits scattered when she turned to them and they saw me. 

And for the first time, I felt scared. Because I could smell, taste and see the absolute fear in their eyes. But not of my mother.

Of me. 

Of my power, that I suddenly beheld by being such a powerful leaders own blood. They geniuenely feared my presence, the last time I had joined the Neverseen, it was never like that, they all knew I double-crossed them, this time they knew I was destined to help.

As I snapped out of my pyshco-analysing thoughts of my new-found power, my mother looked at me through judging eyes. 

"I presume you've been keeping busy with tasks surrounding our latest mission?" Gisela inquired her eyes kept on the horizon which she looked at so longingly. 

"Yes. I haven't had time for anything else." I grumbled but secretly happy that I didn't have to socialise with other recruits.

"Don't hide your true intentions my son, all our emotions and thoughts are so much more evident than we initially realise. I assume you're not keeping contact with Ms Foster?" 

I shook my head, half dissapointed half relieved I wasn't endangering her or any of my friends, despite the times they tried to reach out, I resisted the pull of their calls and kept to my business. 

"Good, we are past lying now. Now, why do you think I've called you in here?"

"I-I'm not sure."

"I think you are ready to talk about your destined fate. Stellarlune."

My body swayed a bit as it urged my to run. And my brain felt like it was inclosing around me. And things whispered to me, as if they didn't want me to hear.

Secrets

They kept repeating loudly. 

"You feel it too." She said calmly. 

"H-How does it stop?" I covered my ears in pain. 

Suddenly the throbs and loud screams faded.

"It gets better each time you mention it." She said and motioned for me to sit. I continued to stand and she sighed. 

"I'm not the bad guy you think I am." 

I didn't respond, careful not to fall for her traps. 

"You see, the council implements something in your brain, everytime we mention a forgotten secret, our heads tell us to forget it, not listen, but we deserve to know. It is our world is it not?"