Chapter 32 : Keefe and Sophie POV

A/N:  It's not what u think it is...not yet anyway. 

Keefe POV: 

As I glittered into sight, I adjusted my eyesight to see Candleshade standing still tall as ever.  I grimaced as I walked, well more like edged towards the door, in fear of something unknown, like something would pop out. I bit my lip in nervousness. What if they didn't want me back?

 What if my dad was at Shores of Solace? What if no one was here? I shivered in the wind that was picking up. As I turned to leave I heard panting and someone open the door. 

I turned to see Ro standing in the doorway panting, with wide eyes.

"Hunkyhair, I saw you from the 16th floor. From the window. You're back." She exclaimed and did something unexpected, instead of knocking my lights out like I expected she ran up to me and enveloped me in a crusher tackle-style hug. 

"I missed you and your insufferable hair. And the amount of time you take to do your hair which gives me ample time to hide amobeas in your bed."

I patted her back in response and rolled my eyes. 

"Good to be home." I said slightly smiling, someone had missed me. 

"Did you give mommy dearest a jab?" She said imitating a punch-up

'I wish, but I left just after one of our mommy-son bonding sesh's. She needed to make sure I was "devoted to the cause"." I rolled my eyes.  I started to shiver again. 

Ro motioned to me go inside. "Elves are so weak." She muttered. 

"Ogre's are so attitude-y" 

Good to see nothing had changed. 

Ro plonked down on a red velvet couch on the first level and motioned for me to sit opposite to her in a lot less comfortable looking wooden chair. 

"So, Hunkyhair...how's blondie?" she said as she picked up some weird shaped fruit and inspected it and then ate it. "Ugh, yuck." 

"I wouldn't know. I just got back." I said shrugging trying to change the subject.

"You came to see my first?! AWWW, that's so sweet. Don't worry I'll be your new fierce-ogre mom." She cooed. I rolled my eyes. "But seriously, when are you gonna go get cho' girl?"

"So we're just gonna ignore that I betrayed everyone and joined the neverseen and didn't look back for a month and suddenly came back like now-"

Ro nodded 

I shrugged "I don't know, probably never" 

"BOY why not?" She called out. 

"Because...she's probably not interested, or even if she is, I'm not confident in myself. Like how would she even like me? I'm like a broken toy- and she is like...an angel. Her hair is golden and so beautiful and her eyes are so sparkly and they just are so pretty and her personality, she cares for everyone and she doesn't leave anyone out- and I- I'm nothing like that. I'm just a boy who has terrible parents, no support, no life, a defective mom and an ogre who offered to be my mother!"

"The last one is the deal sealer. She'll totally go for you after that one" She said taking abite into the weird fruits again. Then spitting it out again. 

I sighed. "You are not helping."  

"No. I think I'm plenty helpful. I'm telling you to go get cho' girl right?" She questioned. 

I facepalmed and stood up. "I'm going to sleep, you're exhausting."

Keefe got on the vortinator and went up to his room on the 37th level. As soon as his bed was in eyesight he drowsily fell on it and immediately felt his eyes close from sleep-less nights. And horrible nightmares came, but they went, they always went.