2K Special Dex : Chapter 23

A/N: Most requested chapter idea POV! 

I walked into the healing center and sat there studying it. All the colourful vials lining the wooden cabniets. Vials of old and new. I kept studying the shelves until Elwin came out and raised his eyebrows at me. 

"Dex, everyone went home. What are you still doing here buddy?".

My very comprehensive answer was a simple nod of my head and I looked away, continuing to study, so many colours to analyse. 

"Dex." Elwin repeated and sat next to me. "Look Sophie, she's gonna be alright." He gestured over to my unconcious cousin, sleeping peacefully on a cot in the healing center. And she was going to be all right, maybe some day. I dried a stupid tear that fell out of my eye. Stupid. 

Elwin patted me on the back and grimly pulled his lips into a grimace. 

"Hey, I know. This isn't easy for you and it isn't for me. But she'll pull through. Just like she always does."

If only he knew that I knew that, and that Sophie was the least of my problems. 

I nodded. It still hurt.

"Hey Dex, just- get some rest. Go home. It's getting late. And you have Foxfire soon." 

"Yeah. Ok." Mumbling a few incomprehensible words I walked out of the healing center and out the doors of Foxfire. And looking around I knew something felt wrong.

And then a loud crash came from somewhere beside me. Someone literally fell out of the sky. 

What?

I ran over to the foresty area where the events had occured. I scoured for clues and any signs of a person, potentially injured. I called out to Elwin hoping he was too leaving Foxfire and could hear me. Nope, no luck. I grunted and kept searching until I heard sounds of screams or sobbing or...I don t know okay! My footsteps were the only audible thing now. The screaming commenced. 

I ran to the sound hoping they weren't hurt or anything. I was pulled back by someone, but the person was unknown. They covered my mouth and I protested loudly trying to get Elwin's attention. He should be leaving Foxfire now right?

Great I was getting kidnapped. Just a normal day in the life of a Dizznee. 

That should be a human-reality show thingy! I would be the perfect toture subject for humiliation.

The unknown person made shushing attempts and smacked me over the head. I regained my posture and kept quiet, If they had a weapon. I should at least be cooperative. I kept still whilst they whispered. 

"Wait here!" It was a female. And she was acting as if she knew me. I thought Sophie went home. 

The female dressed in black creeped along the forest floor. OH COME ON! WHEN DID SOPHIE GET A DRAMATIC SPY GETTING-CHANGED SCENE! 

"Sophie!" I whispered loudly. "Come back!" 

The female shook her head and chuckled and kept walking. The walk had a certain swagger to it. 

Okay so not Sophie. She could barely walk without tripping over her own feet.

"Unknown #1! Get back here!" I corrected myself. 

But they were already gone. I bit my bottom lip nervously as my eyes darted around. My hair was getting thrown around in the wind. But not in a cool spy-attractive-cool-dude-kinda-like-keefe-way but in a of-course-this-is-happening-to-me-my-sticklike-figure-is-blowing-away-in-the-wind way.

I sighed and pushed my hair off my face. 

The female came running out and quickly grabbed my hand and she dragged me so called "stick-like figure" to the entrance of the forestry. The other unknown was nowhere to be seen.