Chapter 38 : Sophie POV

A/N: AS PROMISED, THE FINAL CHAPTER AND THE EPILOUGE

She was visiting his wanderling again. It had been two months. And the pain still handn't gone away.

I miss you everyday Keefe,

And despite everything, our fights, our challenges. Everything

You were always right there.

We couldve had so much time together.

But I chose to be oblivious

Gone from our sight, but never from our hearts.

It's so hard. 

You aren't going to recieve this letter today, tomorrow or even ever...

Your not with us anymore

And I'll never get another chance to do it over and hear you say. You must be lost.

A tear dropped onto the already wet page.

Just one last time.

The page was dotted with tears

Don't think I could forgive myself. 

And I'm starting to see that maybe that's okay.

Despite having abilities, and being elves. Our lives aren't fairytales, and I can't just go back and cry into your arms...because.

She choked up.

That's not how it's meant to be. 

I was the last one left at your wanderling, did you know that?

She scoffed through tears.

Of course you didn't. You aren't here

But I wasnt overthinking or what if'ing or even remincising.

Just sitting. 

And I think that's good for me right now. Sitting. 

Watching the sun settle over your iceblue, blonde wanderling spring up. 

Breathing it all in. Slow.

The sunset reminds me of you. Even when all the light is gone. There still remains a soft glow. Hope. Optimism. That infuriating cute sarcasm. 

And that light, that hope. Hasn't shone brighter for anyone else or on anyone else's life, as it has mine. 

"If my tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to Heaven and bring you home again"

And wherever you are now, I know you are watching the sunset and looking down at me, just how I'm looking up at you. 

And in any universe Keefe Sencen I'll still be hopelessly in love with you. 

I was happier with you

And I'll always be lost until you find me again. 

Til we meet again Keefe Sencen.

Til you find me again

I'll be waiting 

And I'll run up that stairway to heaven 

And it'll lead me to you

It'll bring me back home.

Right home

To you

Lovely Lady F, Mysterious Miss F, Lady Foss-Boss, Foster

Sophie Foster

I placed my letter onto his wanderling, and it I watched as it drifted up, higher and higher into the sky, hoping it would reach him, along with the impossibility he'd return home. 

But never her love, never.

He was her swan song

And she was his moonlark 

And together, they were unconventially happily ever after.

The paper would drift in the air endlessly to every corner of the earth, over mountains, into the sky, across fields of flowers and it would never touch the ground

                                                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And I sat with my typewriter, rewriting the letter I had seen so long ago. And I smiled. 

I really smiled. 

The End

I typed out

And as I printed the last page of the neverending book 

I wrote out on the front in a messy scrawl. 

                                                               The Cry of Swan Song

                                                                 By Sapphire Foster

                                                        Daughter of Sophie Foster

I pinned my hair up and put the last pages behind all of those I had wrote in the past year. And  I slid it into a folder. And walked away.

The End.....

Maybe

                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Cry of Swan Song. 

Completed.

The Cry of Swan Song is finished.... wow what a journey. I want to say a huge thank you to everyone who voted and commented and asked me to update because it's you who made the story happen. I cannot thank you enough!

And this ending kind of symbolised that it's okay that some stories don't have happy endings, and sometimes thats good and we can make peace with that. I hope you enjoyed, I certainly got a bit emotional writing the end. Wow, my first story done! Thank you for reading! I really appreciate your support!