Chapter 31 : Dex POV

A/N: 9 CHAPTERS LEFT AGHHHH, IM SO SAD. 

Now, your probably looking at this chapter number, contemplating why the author (the evil plot twist lady she is.) left me in the Neverseen. You see, it's all too simple, so simple, that the most complex thinkers overlooked it, due to their tendencies to overcomplicate situations that were really quite evident. Overlooked that maybe, one of their own. 

Was betrayimg them. 

All of my life, I've consumed myself with feelings of envy. Growing up, I watched as my friends and peers were chosen for special schools and programs, while I was left behind. Even my parents struggled to find good jobs because of their lack of talent. 

Sophie rejecting me, telling me "better as friends", but I really know she doesn't want to get caught with me, a person whose family's talentless. 

I love my family, with all my heart, but I will always resent them, deep down in my heart, for not giving me the oppurtunities that all my friends got. And I feel guilt for resenting them. But I missed out, on making friends, of special schooling oppurtunities, of real friends, geniune friendships, romantic relationships, because their scared of me, of my family. No more. 

So when Gisela, saw me, saw my potential, she realised how special I was. I jumped at the chance to finally show the world. My powers.

So everytime, Gisela brags about her talented technopath. I kind of...shiver. The fact that...they don't know it's me makes me, feel sick. 

So I left, but Gisela threatened me. My family, my friends or saving myself. 

Sometimes, I even feel immense guilt that sometimes tiny fractures show. And nearly, losing Sophie was just too painful. So I returned. And found where my true loyalties lie. But I can't even begin to imagine what will happen, when they find out it was me...the mole. 

Will they hate me? I was only trying to help them. But they may take it the wrong way? What if they never forgive me?

As I sat in the Neverseen, I couldn't help but think about the consequences of my actions. I had betrayed the people who had taken me in, who had trusted me. I had given away their secrets, their plans, their weaknesses. I had unknowingly sacrificed them and myself. 

I buried my head in my hands, sobbing. 

But then Gisela approached me, placing a hand on my shoulder. "Dex, my dear boy," she said softly, "don't cry. You've done well. You've proven your loyalty to the cause, and that is what matters. Loyalty is more important than mere, emotions. Those who love you will just manipulate your feelings, loyalty, is more important, devotion instead of manipulative emotion. I've always valued hard work. Not loved. "

Words raced through my head and my airways felt like they were blocked. 

But then  I stood and felt something shift in me. I felt a sudden surge of power, of control. I realized that I had the upper hand now. I knew their every move, their every weakness.

I wiped away my tears and looked at Gisela with a steely resolve in my eyes. "You're right," I said, my voice void of any emotion. "Loyalty is all that matters. Emotions only cloud judgment and hinder progress." 

This was for my family, I was building a better world faster than the Black Swan, all they did was calculate never made any moves. 

The time was now.

Gisela smirked, clearly pleased with my response. "Good," she said, nodding approvingly.

And I could use that knowledge to my advantage. The thought of it made me feel powerful, almost invincible. I wiped away my tears and looked up at Gisela, a cold smile on my lips.