Chapter 36 : Sophie POV

a/n: this chapter is sweet and sad. its a mix and the end kind of makes up for his death....i said kind of. also i should be studying for my japanese yearlys but i needed to write this.

Chapter 36 : Sophie POV

I'd woken up to things that suddenly overloaded my senses. Sirens were blaring, I was being lifted, people were crying and there were 10 people with their hands secured behind their backs.

My vision was blurred and I started coughing like crazy.

"You're okay now." A voice soothed.

"K-Keefe?" I asked and the voice went quiet. And then my memories came back to me.

And for the first time in the 16 years of my life.

I truly cried.

I cried for everything, for everyone, for those we have lost, and for myself, for Keefe, for my friends.

I cried.

My tears slipped down my face long and fast and I couldn't help but keep crying.

"It-It's not fair." I sobbed. "Why did this happen?"

"I know." The voice, who turned out to be Grady was hugging me tight. "I'm sorry Sophie."

"Why did this happen to me?"

The paramedics lifted me and we light leaped to the Elvin hospital. The last thing I saw were the Neverseen being restrained by authorities and my friends huddled in a corner looking on the crime scene. Biana was leaning into Tam who was crying. Fitz had his head buried in his hands. Marella was sobbing. Ashleigh and Ace hung back with the rest of my friends.

When we entered the hospital all hell broke loose.

"Where's Sophie?" Some clamoured for attention.

"Is she okay?"

"Get her into the nearest room!" A doctor shouted.

The set me down on a bed and sweet sedatives flooded my noses before I passed out.

But now I was fine with sedatives. I just wanted to fall in emptiness and never come out.

I just wanted it to end.

So I crawled into the deep dark corner of my mind and I wrapped my arms around my knees and closed my eyes, maybe forever. Maybe until the pain would go away. When it would all stop hurting.

Biana POV:

Keefe had told her. Told her he knew what his mother was going to do. That he would sacrifice himself. And she stupidly did nothing and now, he was dead. She was sobbing on the floor over his body as Sophie collapsed in Grady's arms.

"I-I'm going to kill you." She gritted out in indescribable pain. Later she said "You'll rot in hell."

Gisela just looked blankly at her sons body.

Our group started to talk but all I could feel was numbness. Keefe was gone. And now I felt hopeless...it was like someone had punched me in the gut 10 times over.

Soon I snapped back in reality to hear of Linh's betrayal.

"Do you know what it's like to be overlooked. No I guess you don't do you guys? Always being Tam's sister, or Sophie's friend. I'm sick of this. I'm sick of being the underestimated one. You wouldn't get it Moonlark, or you Gisela's son, or Fitz, the golden boy, Tam the smarter one or Marella the fiery pyrokinetic or Biana the pretty princess" She spat. She picked up something from a nearby table and smashed it on the ground. I was too shocked to speak, only winced. "I'm gonna watch you all burn, from a safe respectable distance and it's finally going to be my time to show everyone, that I'm better. That I was ALWAYS better." She shrugged her shoulders as if it was a laughing matter. Then she burst in laughter. "It's always best being the underdog." She threw her head back. "Because they always come out on top." She smiled.