Chapter 18 : Keefe POV

I ran out of there, the wind running through my hair, I couldn't get out of there fast enough couldn't get the stares of Biana and Fitz and Dex out of my head. The disappointment in Edaline and Grady's eyes, I can't forget the way Dex was crying, how Linh was violently shivering and crying. The isolation in Tam's eyes. 

The hollowness in Sophie. 

I collapsed on the steps out the front of Foxfire, trying to breath and to suffocate my guilt. 

Guilt, rising in me. 

His fault

His.

He let the sadness overtake him, as he sat and cried for hours and hours as they sun disappeared and the darkness overtook his whole being, and then he just.

Stopped. 

Stopped crying and feeling guilt, but anger.

So much anger and fury were boiling inside of him, and this time, he didn't try and leash it, 

He let it all out. And he yelled, cries of agony and anguish of mourning and sorrow, or guilt and of sadness. His cries full of life and yet so dead, his eyes blazing but peaceful, his face determined but broken and the tears that fell were mere droplets in a sea that was yet to cry. His agony masked so well, as he had taught himself all those years ago, his hands shakily running through his hair. 

And guilt, a barren landscape, a poison filling the land. Guilt. It was suffocating him, but now in a way that it could break him, in a way that made him stronger, determined. 

He stood fists clenched and made his way down the path of foxfire, his eyes, red with rage and his hands bleeding from clenching too tight, his face scarred with scratches he had given himself. His face, tear-streaked and helpless. 

Ready.

He kept walking, kept contemplating and kept muttering to himself. 

Angry.

When he was in a safe distance from the building he pulled out his imparter and through sobs he whispered.

"Show me Gisela Sencen."

A/N: ..... real short chapter this time huh?

.......i'm just gonna......

....ok...