Chapter 5: Fitz POV

Sophie was unusually late to lunch, usually she would race to the lunch hall to get some mallowmelt. Which we would always steal, it was risky but always worth it.  Come to think of it, Keefe and Biana weren't here as well? I contemplated going to look for them, when Sophie came in to the hall, looking frazzled. 

I flashed a smile, and waved her over. She returned my smie halfheartedly, looking distant. She plopped next to me and I took her hand in mine. She blushed but not nearly as much as she usually did. I was worried. 

"Soph? Are you okay?" I said with concern. Sophie nodded her head slightly "Do you know where Keefe and Biana are?" I said craning my neck to look for them. Sophie slightly flinched. 

"No, I haven't seen Bi" She said softly. Weird that she didn't answer about Keefe. I shrugged it off. She just sat there not talking, any attempts I made to impress her, well didn't work. She was obviously distracted. If I could just have a peek in her head.... no... no that was wrong, invasive. Anyway I had much more important things to worry about. Midterms. I, lost in my own thoughts didn't realise when Soph slipped out of the hall, in the middle of lunch!.

Dex raised an eyebrow at me, as if accusing me. I let it slide this once and shook my head. He turned back to Marella, talking in hushed tones. Tam and Linh began to stand. Linh asked Fitz "Do you want to come with us to class, we have Elvin History next!" Fitz nodded and stood. Tam scowled from next to her. Seriously his whole emo-grunge style wasn't intimidating but it still chilled me. 

We left the lunch hall where we could see Biana and Keefe whispering and laughing with each other. It was weird and almost never happened. Linh looked at me with her eyebrows raised "Are they..?"

"What?! No-NO WAY- I mean- i dont know maybe?..." I stuttered out, why? she would definitely spill if she was with Keefe, either way.... what was going on. Biana looked Tam and Linh's way and started to wave furiously. Tam blushed, (how was that possible?!) We started walk towards them. Keefe whispered something to Biana which made her break into hysterical laughter. Tam scowled once again. 

"Anyway gotta go, ditching could not wait for such an amazing-MVP-special-charming-hunkyhair like me!" Keefe called out saluting us before dashing down the hallway. Biana smiled and turned back to us "Hey guys!" 

"Where have you been?" I scolded her. Her face contorted into fake disgust.

"Wow, brother no hello or how are you?" She sniggered. I hadn't seen her this happy for months! What the hell changed? And where did Sophie go? I started looking over Biana's shoulder "Hey lover boy, Sophie isn't here, we saw her a few minutes ago and she kind of looked like she was gonna cry? Know anything about that? Hmm? ".  I shook my head, "She just left suddenly and even before that she seemed distant, I'll admit I contemplated going into her head-" Biana gasped and slapped me. Hard. "FITZ!" She yelled. "Calm DOWN!" I said on high alert "I CONTEMPLATED, I didn't actually." Tam was laughing and I could see Linh shaking with silent laughter. I crossed my arms over my chest and raised my eyebrows.

Biana smirked in triumph "Still worth it!".

"You definitely have been hanging out with Keefe too much..." I rolled my eyes playfully.

We all laughed together. "But no seriously, who has class with Soph?" I said seriously. 

"I could go check with Dex?" Biana shrugged. I could see the jealousy on Tam's face, dont know why. She skipped off to the lunch hall. "See you guys later? WAIT?!" She said gasping. We all turned to face her urgently. "ITs FRIDAYY.... SLEEPOVER! WE HAVE A LOT TO CATCH UP ON!". Linh and I groaned. Tam shrugged "Sure..". We all looked suprised at Tam. Linh sneakily smiled at him. She must know what was going on. "What?! I can be fun!" Tam said shrugging. 

Biana clapped her hands "Yes! It's on! I'll tell Dex to tell Soph and Marella and Fitz or I will call Keefe, it's gonna be epic!". Ok, I'll admit that her excitment was contagious. Tam and Linh and  walked to our lockers to grab our Elvin History books. "You guys gonna come?" I asked.

Linh and Tam answered different things

"Yes" Tam answered

"Maybe" Linh said. They both looked at each other weirdly. 

"C'mon Linh it may be...fun" Tam said. I could tell that wasn't the only reason. Linh and I gasped in unison "Tam! This isn't you!" Linh said shaking his shoulders. She was like shaking him hard. Violent even. She was really dreading something. 

Tam shrugged (he did that a lot) "Fineee.... I guess we are in...." Linh said "But tell Bi to lay off the Truth or Dare.". Ohhhh so Truth or Dare was the problem. 

"You know she can't do that, or make any promises." We all laughed and walked to Elvin History together. "I will get her to plan what we're doing so I can protect you from some games! But I can't make any promises. Bi might tackle me if I eliminate something important. I might not be alive for the sleepover. Trust me, she's good at bramble- but not as good as me-" I was cut off by a voice.

"Oh that's a lie Fitzy" We turned to see Keefe smirking and leaning against a wall. "Biana beat you like every time!" Tam started to laugh. "Oh she beat you too!" I said and he shook his head. "Also I wouldn't be laughing Mr. It will be fun" I said. 

"What will be fun?" Keefe said "Ohhhhh yeah, Sleepover at Everglen tonight?" I asked. 

"Sure anything to get away from Mr Grumpy Pants Who Deserves Alicorn Poop in his bathroom." He smirked and then cleared his throat. "Yeah, yeah I'm down. I'll meet you guys there an hour after we get home. Gotta pack the essentials" He winked. 

"He means his hair gels dosen'r he?" Tam asked

"Damn right it does" Keefe yelled out. "Don't you even think about stealing them Angsty Bangsy Boy!"