Chapter 17 : Sophie POV

A/N: shoutout to amazing ChocolateAliyah13 for voting chappie 3

Still fuming from my argument with Keefe I dried my tears, but they freely flowed. I sobbed into Elwins shoulder, until the golden sun dipped below the horizon. Darkness befell the lost cities, darkness befell me.

Something inside me stirred. Something dark, and like that, I was afraid to fall asleep.

Elwin kept patience and held me whilst I cried. He repeatedly said it would be okay, and kept holding me. At around 9 he stood up to leave and I dried my eyes. I had no tears left to cry, and that was okay, because I wouldn't let this broken, sad, guilt ridden Keefe stay this way, I would find a way to make him the funny, happy boy that I know he is, I need to understand him.

I drifted into nightmarish sleep. All throughout the night tossed and turned while dreaming of betrayal and the neverseen.

At first the dream was peaceful, I walked a path full of life, garden and plants everywhere, but as I descended down rose tiled path, darkness clouded my vision. So I cried for help, the echoes of my sobs of pain encircling me, tightening, strangling. Choked screams escaped my lips. 

Words encircled my being whilst tightly grasping my wrists. 

You'll never save the lost cities

I cried for help, for anyone.

"Please stop! Help me! Keefe! Fitz! Tam! Linh! Biana! Dex! Anyone please!" I collapsed on the floor in agony. "Help me! I don't want to die please!" 

Worthless

"I'm so scared! Please anyone help me!" 

Aw... is the little Moonlark scared? What are you scared of Moonlark?

"Stop! Please!" I sobbed with desperation. I felt the tightening loosen a little, but still hungry for blood.

I know... herself

And then I recognized the voice.

Keefe

"All she does is pretend." Dream Keefe cocked his head a little to the side. "Tell me Moonlark, why? What's your purpose?" His evil smile widened.

I  stuttered whilst falling to the ground in relief, the tightening stopped.

"To make people like you...see otherwise." I said before falling to the ground. 

Dream Keefe's face softened.

"No! Stop!" Keefe murmered to himself.

"Don't listen to her!" Dream Keefe scolded himself. 

"What?" I said.

"Sophie!" Keefe screamed "Don't listen to them."

Whatever was possesing his body was back in control.

"Let's try again? Shall we Moonlark?".

I screamed a ear splitting, traumatising scream before Dream Keefe faded as if he were mere pixels. 

I started to fade too. Losing myself further into the madness.

I woke with a start

-------------------------------

12:00

I woke suddenly gasping for breath, my race car fast heart rate. Sweat trickled down my face, beads slowly cooling my burning temples. I started to scream, and sob, sobs of pain, guilt, sadness, loss, mourning. I sobbed into my hands now wet with my tears. Make it go away....