Chapter 8 : Keefe POV

The stars glistened in the night sky, and everything felt right, until my worries came back. Ashleigh was back, and I couldn't let anyone, know anything. She used to be one of my closest friends but left, and it hurt. So bad. But I had to stop dwelling on the past and more on the future. 

I turned around to see a dark figure walk into the room. Familiar blonde hair peeked out from the door way and unmistakable brown eyes glistened in the moonlight. She smiled slightly. "Hey, you sick of the craziness too?" Sophie whispered softly. I got lost in my thought for a quick second. I cleared my throat. Loud screaming could be heard in the background. I smiled hopefully convincingly. "It's wonderfully unnerving" I said sarcastically. She smiled and edged toward me. She turned to face me. 

"Hey? I'm sorry about today, I was just nervous you know? Being in a relationship is hard work!" she said playfully, but I could hear some force used. I took her hand, it was soft and I could feel her tense up.

"Are you okay?" I said concern lacing my voice. She started to nod but a few tears slipped down her face, she started to cry. It hurt me to see her cry. She cried into my shoulder, her hot tears soaking my shirt, but I didn't care. I only cared if Foster was okay. And she clearly wasn't. I stroked her hair and held her close. I mumbled into her hair and she cried. Her sadness engulfed us and we sat together. She pulled back gently and started to dry her tears. She looked up to me, so vulnerable. She started to lean closer, and I contemplated for a second before grabbing her shoulders gently. 

"Woah! Foster! Fitzy remember?" I said quickly. She looked away, her emotions drifted through the air.  Guilt, embarrasment and anger. I suddenly looked away, guiltily. I shook my head and recomposed myself. I couldn't do this. I turned back to Sophie. The words kept repeating in my head, loudly reverbrating in my mind. 

"I-i Can't do this!" I said quickly and ran out of the room pacing past our friends who spared me a glance. I could hear someone following but kept on running. I ran out the front door even though it was a maze. 

The cool wind hit me like a ton of bricks. The door swung back and forth in the wind, my hair was going crazy in the wind but I didn't care. I braced my hands on the railing, I looked up to see a beautiful view greeting me, plenty of shiny stars and a beautiful mysterious lake. I saved the image in my mind. My breathing got slower, my heart rate slowed as well, it started to drizzle, I held my hand out to feel the texture of the cool droplets, my hand curled into a fist. How could I be so stupid? Even considering kissing her?

The door swung open to reveal Ashleigh staring back at me. I turned away silently. I didn't want to talk to anyone much less Ashleigh. She stood next to me and gripped the railing, she held her hand out to catch some rain. I could sense her emotions, confusing as they were, I could pick out that she was worried. 

"Are you okay?" She whispered. The question hit me harder than I thought it would, all I wanted was for someone to ask me that. And I felt, somewhat better. 

"No," I whispered "My dad has been pushing me past my limits, I don't feel special enough for the group, I have empathy! The others have cool abilities like telepathy, enhancing, technopathy! They all help in some way but I'm just in the way. My mom is gonna take advantage of me one day and yet I'll just be more trouble for the group. Fitz and Sophie are perfect for eachother but I wish I could be someone for Sophie like Fitz! I love her! But she doesn't love me! And sure she nearly kissed me a few minutes ago-" Ashleigh lifted her eyebrows "- but she was desperate and she's under a lot of pressure, and part of my rejection is because I don't want her to be with someone she's destined to be enemies with! I'm not good enough for anyone, not just Sophie, but the Black Swan, my friends, and people I've let down, like you." Keefe finished gulping in fresh air. 

Ashleigh shook her head, "What's done is done, you can't change it! You have to try to adapt new strategies, don't let your parents get to you. What happened between us, I'm sorry it happened, but I can't pretend not to know you are so much better than you parents and if you think otherwise then I guess your wrong!" 

Keefe laughed softly 

"But then again you are wrong most of the time!" She said laughing. He smacked her on the arm playfully. "If I remember correctly, YOU, didn't get as high as me in Level 1!" 

"Bet this year will be different!" She said matter-of-factly.

"Ohhhh DEAL!" He said taking her hand and shaking it. "Oh, hey Keefe!" Ashleigh said softly "I'm Sokeefe! Now stop thinking about losing her, it's time you win her back.". He laughed. "As if!". She groaned and hit him with a stick. 

"Hey! Watch the hair!" He complained.

"You, AND YOUR STUPID HAIR ARE GOING DOWN!" (remind you of anything? THE BARBIE LIFE IN THE DREAMHOUSE SCENE, RYAN AND KEN! Not a kid, just very nostalgic)

He grabbed a cup of water from the side table and doused her with it. She shrieked. 

"You idiot!" And tackled him. He struggled, wow her grip was good, 

"Hope that teaches you a lesson" She said running back into the house. He ran back in, mainly because he was getting soaked by excess rain. 

And then, Biana blinked back into sight. 

A/N : Oh snap! She was really there the whole time! Sorry for not updating sooner! Kinda wanted to clarify in this chapter that Keefe and Ashleigh are kind of brother-sister kind of vibes. 

Hope you enjoyed, next one will be a little more sokeefe but just wanted to introduce some character development!

Thanks for reading this chapter!

Question of the day:

Favourite song? 

Right now, probs somethin Harry Styles idk

Wbu?