001. normal life

After leaving, Natalie had gone to Sam's, who instantly accepted his sister and offered to help her figure stuff out. She stayed with Sam and got a job at a local restaurant, getting a second job at the book store to be able to help him pay rent.

After a little bit, Jessica Moore had moved in after dating Sam for a little while prior. The two girls became best friends, Natalie making sure to share every embarrassing story of Sam with the blonde. They kept her in the dark of the hunting lifestyle, Sam telling Natalie he didn't want Jessica to know about all of it, which she understood why.

Jessica introduced Natalie to one of her friends, the two immediately hitting it off. After a few weeks, Natalie began dating Noah Robertson, who is studying at Stanford to become an architect.

After a year of dating, they moved into their own apartment together. Sam was a little weary of the relationship, having been protective of his sister his whole life, but he also knows she's smart and can take care of herself. Besides, her and Noah's apartment was only 20 minutes away in case anything were to ever happen.

Now, Natalie still works at the restaurant and book store, even though she prefers the book store job more. She likes to paint and draw in her free time and if she's not doing that, she likes making jewelry. Usually they're all in bright colors, but sometimes she goes more tame.

She sells some of her jewelry, Jessica helping her promote it around campus to help the girl earn some more money and hopefully help Natalie's newfound dream of opening a jewelry place.

"Babe!" Natalie calls through the apartment, searching for her boyfriend of one and a half years.

"In here!" She hears his voice from the bathroom. Natalie makes her way there, finding Noah adjusting the sleeves of his jacket.

"You ready, McFly?" She asks, glancing up and down at his Marty McFly costume.

"Yep." He turns to her, glancing her up and down. "See, now this is just unfair."

"What is?" Natalie asks, confused, looking down at her pirate dress costume, trying to find a problem.

"You're much hotter than me." Noah says, a small grin on his face. Natalie looks up at him in shock, her cheeks burning red, butterflies in her stomach -- even after so long.

"Shut up." Natalie smacks his chest, Noah laughing. "Let's go."

"Well, I mean... we could leave in a little bit. I mean, it'd only take a few minutes." Noah says, a suggestive smile on his face.

"We're gonna be late." Natalie states.

"Oh, come on, baby. You don't wanna bang Marty McFly?" Noah asks.

"I can bang him. Do you know how much work it took to get into this dress?" Natalie states.

"So we'll be even later. Hell, we can leave the dress on." Noah says.

"Let's go, McFly." Natalie grabs his hand and drags him to the door.

"Damn. Getting cockblocked by own girlfriend." Noah mutters, grabbing her purse and handing it to her.

"Thank you. And like I said, maybe later. Drunk sex is fun, too, right?"

"Definitely." Noah grins. His fingers gingerly jab into her side, the young woman letting out a shrieking giggle at the ticklish feeling.

"Stop it!" Natalie smacks his hand away. Noah laughs as he shuts and locks the apartment door.

"You love me." He insists, throwing his arm over her shoulder.

"Yeah, sometimes." Natalie mumbles and Noah kisses her cheek.

+++

They're at the bar for the Halloween party. It's packed pretty full and Noah and Natalie are at a small round table with Sam, Jess, and their friend, Luis. The five each have a shot glass.

"So here's to Sam and his awesome LSAT victory." Jess states.

"All right, all right, it's not that big a deal." Sam says as the group clink their glasses together. Natalie reaches over and ruffles her brother's hair, Sam immediately swatting her hand away and trying to fix is hair.

"Yeah, he acts all humble. But he scored a 174." Jess states.

"Jesus, dude." Noah says before downing his shot.

"Is that good?" Luis asks.

"Scary good." Jess chuckles. Her and Natalie link their arms around each other's before downing their shots. After swallowing the bitter taste of alcohol, the two high five.

"So there you go. You are a first round draft pick. You can go to any law school you want!" Luis states, sitting next to Sam.

"Actually, I got an interview here. Monday. If it goes okay I think I got a shot at a full ride next year." Sam says.

"Hey. It's gonna go great." Jess assures.

"I second that." Natalie states.

"It better." Sam quietly says.

"How does it feel to be the golden boy of your family?" Luis asks. Both twins somewhat tense up, which their significant others notice. Noah puts his hand on Natalie's back, lightly scratching it.

"Ah, aside from Nat, they don't know." Sam says.

"Oh, no, I would be gloating!" Luis states. "Why not?"

"Because we're not exactly the Bradys." Sam says.

"That would be much cooler, though." Natalie comments, Sam letting out a quiet laugh.

"And I'm not exactly the Huxtables." Luis says. "More shots?"

"No. No." Sam and Jess protest.

"Yes!" Noah and Natalie exclaim.

"The bar, milady?" Noah holds his hand out to Natalie.

"Hell, yes!" She cheers, grabbing his hand, and dragging him after Luis to the bar.

+++

Sam and Jess help the drunken couple into their apartment, Jess practically dragging Natalie as the brunette stumbles over air.

"Okay... you two should get some sleep... and, uh... have fun in the morning." Jess laughs.

"Jessi, I love you." Natalie says, holding onto the blonde's hand.

"I love you, too." Jess softly smiles. She gives the girl's hand a squeeze before letting go.

"Get some sleep." Sam orders the two.

"Yes, dad." Natalie mutters. Sam rolls his eyes as Jess lets a small giggle out.

"Goodnight." Sam says, holding Jess' hand, the two heading for the door.

"Night!" Noah calls out. After shutting and locking the door with his key, Sam and Jess are off to their own apartment.

"She's entertaining sober... but she's very entertaining drunk." Jess comments.

"Yeah." Sam laughs in agreement.

Noah lets out a small groan as he lays down on the couch, his head resting on Natalie's lap. Natalie looks down at him and takes his face in her hand, squishing his cheeks.

"You're like a little fishy." Natalie grins, squeezing her boyfriend's cheeks.

"Mm... and you're a goddess." Noah mutters, feeling himself grow sleepy.

"Even drunk, you are cheesy as hell." Natalia says, Noah grinning in response.

"I love you." Noah tells her.

"I love you, too." Natalie smiles. She leans down, pressing a kiss to his lips. "But I need to get out of this dress."

"Need some help?" Noah asks.

"I'm too drunk for that." Natalie says, getting up, letting Noah's head flop against the couch cushion.

"Oh, come on! How are you too drunk for sex?" Noah asks.

"You're half asleep. We ain't doing it." Natalie states, walking to their shared bedroom.

"So respectful." Noah hums in admiration of her, even though Natalie can't even hear him.