003. missing person

Natalie sits in the backseat of the Impala and twirls the end of her hair around her fingers out of utter boredom. They're stopped at a gas station and Dean is in the store while Sam sits in the passenger seat with the door open, his legs on the ground. He's rifling through the box full of cassette tapes.

"Hey!" Dean calls. "You want breakfast?" He holds some junk food up.

"No, thanks." Sam says.

"Natty?" Dean calls.

"What is it?" She asks, sighing.

Dean sticks his hand into the open window, a honey bun and a bottle of orange juice being held. Natalie takes the two items.

"You're welcome." Dean makes a point to say, Natalie rolling her eyes.

"So how'd you pay for that stuff?" Sam asks. "You and dad still running credit card scams?"

"Yeah, well, hunting ain't exactly a pro ball career." Dean says, putting the nozzle back into the pump and he shuts the tank. "Besides, all we do is apply. It's not our fault they send us the cards."

"Yeah? And what names did you write on the application this time?" Sam asks, putting his legs back in the car and shutting the door.

"Uh, Burt Aframian." Dean gets in the driver's seat. "And his son, Hector. Scored two cards out of the deal."

"That sounds about right. I swear, man, you've gotta update your cassette tape collection." Sam says.

"Why?" Dean asks.

"Well, for one, they're cassette tapes." Sam says.

"Yeah, dude. It's 2005. Maybe you should upgrade to the 21st century." Natalie comments, taking a bite of her honey bun.

"And two." Sam holds up each time as he names it. "Black Sabbath? Motorhead? Metallica?" Dean takes the Metallica tape. "It's the greatest hits of mullet rock."

"Well, house rules, Sammy." Dean puts the tape in the player.

"Here we go." Natalie mumbles, rolling her eyes.

"Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole." Dean drops the empty tape box back into the box on Sam's lap.

"You know, Sammy is a chubby twelve year old." Sam says as Dean starts the car. "It's Sam, okay?"

"Sorry, I can't hear you, the music's too loud." Dean says, smirking.

+++

"Thank you." Sam hangs his phone up. "All right. So, there's no one matching dad's description at the hospital or morgue. So that's something, I guess."

"Check it out." Dean pulls to a stop and the trio look over at a bridge where two police cars are with several officers out, an abandoned car in the middle of the bridge. Dean turns the engine off and opens the glove box, pulling out a box of IDs.

He picks one out, grinning at his younger siblings.

"Let's go." Dean says, getting out. Sam and Natalie look at each other, both rolling their eyes, and following their brother.

They walk to the bridge and over to the scene.

"So, this kid, Troy. He's dating your daughter, isn't he?" A cop asks another.

"Yeah." The man nods.

"How's Amy doing?" Jaffe asks.

"She's putting up missing posters downtown." Hein informs.

"You fellas had another one like this just last month, didn't you?" Dean asks.

"And who are you?" Jaffe questions.