033. "marry that girl"

The siblings are at their motel room and there's a knock on the door, Sam quickly answering it, Sarah storming in.

"Hey. You all right?" Sam asks her, shutting the door.

"No, actually, I just lied to the cops and told them I went to Evelyn's -- alone -- and found her like that." Sarah says.

"Thank you." Sam tells her.

"Don't thank me, I'm about to call them right back if you don't tell me what the hell's going on. Who's killing these people?" Sarah asks.

Sam looks at Dean who raises his eyebrows. He looks at Natalie who shrugs.

"What." Sam corrects.

"What?" Sarah asks.

"It's not "who." It's "what" is killing those people." Sam states. Sarah looks at him like he's completely insane. "Sarah, you saw that painting move."

"No... No, I was-- I was seeing things. It's impossible." Sarah denies.

"It's actually not." Natalie argues.

"Yeah, welcome to our world." Dean says.

"Sarah, I know this sounds crazy... but we think that that painting is haunted." Sam tells her.

"You're joking." Sarah says. She looks between the three. "You're not joking. God, the guys I go out with."

"Sarah, think about it. Evelyn, the Telescas, they both had the painting. And there have been others before that. Wherever this thing goes, people die. And we're just trying to stop it. And that's the truth." Sam explains.

"Then I guess you'd better show me. I'm coming with you." Sarah states.

"What? No. Sarah, no, you should just go home. This stuff can get dangerous and-and I don't want you to get hurt." Sam says.

"Look, you guys are probably crazy, but if you're right about this? Well, me and my dad sold that painting that might've got these people killed. Look, I'm not saying I'm not scared because I am scared as hell, but I'm not going to run and hide either." She declares.

Sarah goes for the door before turning back to them.

"So are we going or what?" She asks before walking out.

"Sam?" Dean calls. Sam looks at him and Dean points to the open door. "Marry that girl."

"She is fucking awesome." Natalie declares.

+++

They get to Evelyn's house and Sam starts picking the lock.

"Uh... isn't this a crime scene?" Sarah asks.

"Yep." Natalie nods.

"You've already lied to the cops. What's another infraction?" Dean asks.

They get inside and Sam takes the painting down from the wall, putting it down, the four examining it. Dean gets the copy of the picture from the book that the dude at the book store showed them and compares, Natalie leaning against him to look at both as well.

"Aren't you worried that it's gonna, you know, kill us?" Sarah asks.

"Nah, it seems to do its thing at night. I think we're all right in the daylight." Sam says.

"Sam, check it out." Dean says. "The razor, it's closed in this one, but it's open in that one." He hands Sam the copy.

"What are you guys looking for?" Sarah asks.

"Well, if the spirit's changing aspects of the painting then it's doing so for a reason." Dean says.

"Hey, hey, look at this. The painting in the painting." Sam points out.