022. saving dean

"What do you got those amped up to?" Sam asks his brother as Dean takes tasers out.

"A hundred thousand volts." Dean answers.

"Damn." The twins chorus.

"Yeah, I want this rawhead extra frickin' crispy. And remember, you only get one shot with these things. So make it count." Dean says.

They get into the house and go down to the basement.

"On three. One, two, three." Dean whispers. He swings the cabinet door open, finding a young boy and girl inside, covering their ears.

"Is it still here?" Sam asks and the two kids nod.

"Okay. Grab your sister's hand, come on, we gotta get you out of here. Let's go, let's go." They start to go upstairs and as Sam follows, something reaches through the steps and grabs his leg, yanking him down.

"Sam!" His siblings shout. The children scream and run to the top of the stairs. Dean shoots at the monster, but misses.

"Get 'em outta here!" Dean shouts.

"Here." Natalie gives him her taser before she rushes up the stairs. She helps Sam up before rushing to the children.

"Come on, babies." Natalie puts her hands on their backs and quickly leads them outside.

"Okay, you stay with them, I'm going back in." Sam says.

"Wh-- why can't I go?" Natalie asks.

"I'm making sure nothing happens to Dean. And you don't have a taser anymore." Sam says before running back inside.

"Okay, hey. Here, come on, let's get you guys in the car." Natalie says, opening the back door for them and letting them get in. She kneels next to them and offers a soft smile.

"You guys okay? You have any injuries?" Natalie asks and the boy shakes his head. "Okay, that's good. That's good. It's okay. It's all over now. We'll get you guys back to your parents soon."

"I'm thirsty." The girl says.

"Okay. Um... gimme a minute." Natalie goes to the trunk and opens it and grabs the cooler. She opens it and digs through the multiple beer bottles until she finds two water bottles.

She shuts the trunk and returns to the two kids.

"Here. Here's some water for you guys." She hands each of them a bottle.

"Nat!" She hears Sam yell, fear in his voice.

"You two stay here, all right?" Natalie tells them and they nod. She softly shuts the door and rushes back into the house.

"Sam!" She calls, rushing down the basement stairs. She finds Sam next to an unconscious Dean. "What the hell happened?"

"I don't-- he shot the taser, but he was in water. I think it got him too." Sam says.

"Shit." Natalie whispers.

"C'mon. We gotta get him to a hospital." Sam says.

"Yeah. Yeah." Natalie moves forward to help lift her older brother up.

+++

They're standing at the receptionist desk in the hospital.

"Sir, ma'am, I'm so sorry to ask. There doesn't seem to be any insurance on file." The receptionist says.

"Right. Uh, okay." Sam takes his wallet out and gives her a card.

"Okay, Mr. Burkovitz." The receptionist says. Sam grabs Natalie's wrist and drags her to the two cops that are waiting.