084. back to school

Sam climbs into the Impala where his siblings are.

"So?" Dean asks.

"I think she's telling the truth. I mean, the way she talked about being there mentally but not physically -- kind of sounds like demonic possession to me." Sam says.

"Kind of?" Dean asks.

"She didn't see any black smoke or smell sulfur." Sam says.

"Maybe it's not a demon. I mean, kids can be vicious." Dean says.

"Well, I mean, we're already here. Might as well check out the school." Sam shrugs.

"Right. The school."

"What?"

"Truman High, home of the Bombers."

"What's your point?"

"I mean, we went there, like... for a month a million years ago. Why are you so jazzed to go back?"

"I'm not. I just think it's worth looking into."

"All right, well, what's our cover? FBI? Homeland Security? Swedish exchange students?"

"Dude, there is no way you're passing for an exchange student." Natalie says.

"I so could." Dean argues.

"No, you couldn't." Natalie shakes her head. "We couldn't."

"Don't worry and stop fighting. I got an idea." Sam says.

+++

1997

"Thanks, dad." Dean tells John as the three siblings get out of the car and John speeds off. The three head for the school.

"You guys got your lunch? Books? Butterfly knives?" Dean asks the twins.

"Yeah, Dean." Sam says.

"Yes." Natalie sighs.

"You guys okay?" Dean asks.

"Sure." Sam says as Natalie shrugs.

"Sammy... Natty..."

"I mean, look, this is the third school we've been to this year, and it's only November. I'm just sick of always being the new kid." Sam says.

"You'll be fine.  If anyone gives either of you any trouble, you let me know." Dean says. "Relax. Dad said this hunt will take him two weeks, tops. As soon as he gets back, we're out of here."

"To another school. Awesome." Sam says, walking into the school and Dean pats him on the back when he passes.

"Well, then, I hope your concealer skills get better. I'm gonna need 'em." Natalie says. "We didn't get the one on my wrist either." She pulls her left sleeve up a bit to reveal the bruise from last night.

"So, just... just don't pull your sleeve up." Dean says, pulling her sleeve back down. "It'll be fine."

"That's what you always say. It never is." Natalie frowns. Dean hides any of his emotions from her and she walks towards the school. Dean gently pats her head as she passes him.

~ ~ ~

"Ladies and gentlemen, please say hello to Natalie and Sam Winchester." Mr. Wyatt tells the class. The twins stand on either side of him at the front of the class.

"Hi, Natalie. Hi, Sam." Different voices sound through the classroom.

"Is there anything you guys would like to tell us about yourselves?" Mr. Wyatt asks.