045. gordon the psycho

Dean and Natalie had woken up to Sam gone, worrying both of them and they immediately left to search for him. Dean called Ellen to ask if she had seen him, which she hasn't.

"Why would he just run off?" Dean asks.

"I mean, you did keep a secret from him. About needing to save or kill him." Natalie says.

"I was scared, all right? Dad freaked me out, and besides that isn't something you put on your fucking kid." Dean states.

"True." Natalie notes. "I'm sure he's fine, he's just... confused. Hell, maybe he's a little scared. I mean, if there's some sort of dark, evil thing in him."

Dean's phone rings and he picks it up. "Hello?"

"It's Ellen."

"Hey, have you heard from Sam?" Dean asks.

"I have, but he made me promise not to tell you where he is." Ellen says.

"Come on, Ellen, please. Something bad could be going on here, and I swore I'd look after that kid." Dean says.

"Kid's 23, but, okay." Natalie mumbles.

"Now, Dean, they say you can't protect your loved one forever." Ellen says. "Well, I say screw that. What else is family for? He's in Lafayette, Indiana."

"Thanks." Dean hangs up.

"So?" Natalie asks.

"How you like Indiana?" Dean asks.

"I mean... it's not, like, the greatest to ever exist. Nor any state, for that matter." Natalie says, Dean rolling his eyes.

"Sam's in Lafayette." Dean informs.

"Did you ask her if he seemed okay?" Natalie asks.

"Did you hear me ask her that?" Dean retorts.

"It would've been a good question. Possibly get an idea of his possible mindset." Natalie says. "You know, care about his wellbeing. But whatever."

+++

Dean pulls up outside the motel and the two see Sam through a window.

"Oh, thank God, you're okay." Dean mutters. Sam moves out of the way to reveal a young woman around his age. "Oh, you're better than okay. Sam, you sly dog!"

"Stop being a pig." Natalie hits Dean's arm.

"Ow! What?" Dean asks.

"Even if they were doing something, they seem a little more serious than attracted." Natalie says. "Besides, she has a ring on her finger."

"Ooh. Scandalous." Dean comments making Natalie roll her eyes.

"Sam wouldn't sleep with an engaged or married woman." Natalie states.

"Unless he doesn't know she's engaged or married."

"There's a fucking ring on her finger. He knows.

The window to Sam's motel room is shot, the glass shattering. The two instantly getting out and find out where it came from, racing to the roof of the building across from the motel.

"Gordon!" Dean yells. He kicks Gordon and pins him onto his back, hitting him multiple times.

"You do that to my brother, I'll kill you!" Dean shouts.

"Dean, wait." Gordon says. He grabs the rifle and slams it into Dean twice, knocking him out. Gordon stands up, facing Natalie, aiming his gun at her.

"Man, I knew we should've just let you die." Natalie whines.