018. back home

Dean is sitting at the table in the motel while Sam sits on his and Natalie's shared bed and is drawing in the motel's notepad. Natalie is lying across Dean's bed, her head hanging off the bed so she's able to see Dean upside down and she's eating Twizzlers.

"All right. I've been cruisin' some websites. I think I found a few candidates for our next gig. A fishing trawler found off the coast of Cali -- its crew vanished. And, uh, we got some cattle mutilations in West Texas." Dean says, but notices Sam focused on the notepad. "Hey. Am I boring you with this hunting evil stuff?"

"Kinda." Natalie answers. At her older brother's bitch face, she grins.

"No. I'm listening. Keep going." Sam tells his brother, glancing at him for a moment.

"And, here, a Sacramento man shot himself in the head. Three times." Dean informs. "Any of these thing blowin' up your skirt, pal?"

"Wait. I've seen this." Sam realize.

"Seen what?" Dean asks. Sam gets up and rushes to his bag. Natalie props herself up on her elbows to see what he's doing, both siblings watching Sam in confusion.

"What are you doing?" Natalie asks her twin, but he doesn't answer as he flips through John's journal.

"Dean, I know where we have to go next." Sam states, holding the notepad and a picture.

"Where?" Dean asks.

"Back home. Back to Kansas." Sam states.

"Okay, random. Where'd that come from?" Dean asks. Sam walks over and sits across from Dean, Natalie rolling onto her stomach to face them.

"All right, um, this photo was taken in front of our old house, right? The house where mom died?" Sam asks, showing Dean the picture and drawing.

"Yeah." Dean nods.

"And it didn't burn down, right? I mean, not completely, they rebuilt it, right?" Sam asks.

"I guess so, yeah." Dean says, handing Natalie the picture and notepad after she makes a grabby hand motion at him. "What the hell are you talking about?"

"Okay, look, this is gonna sound crazy, but... the people who live in our old house -- I think they might be in danger." Sam states.

"Why would you think that?" Dean asks.

"Uh... it's just, um... look, just trust me on this, okay?" Sam says, going over to his bag. Dean walks closer and Natalie sits up on the bed.

"Wait, whoa, whoa, trust you?" Dean asks.

"Yeah." Sam nods.

"Come on, man, that's weak. You gotta give me a little bit more than that." Dean says.

"I can't really explain it is all."

"Well, tough, I'm not goin' anywhere until you do." Sam sighs, his eyes glancing at his sister with a sad look in them.

"What?" She asks.

"I have these nightmares." Sam states.

"I've noticed."
"No shit."

Sam slightly rolls his eyes at his siblings' reactions.

"And sometimes... they come true." Sam says.

"Come again?" Dean asks.

"What?" Natalie questions, a confused laugh leaving her.

"Look, guys... I dreamt about Jessica's death... for days before it happened." Sam informs.

"Sam, people have weird dreams, man. I'm sure it's just a coincidence." Dean says, sitting next to Natalie.

"No, I dreamt about the blood dripping, her on the ceiling, the fire, everything. And I--" He looks at Natalie.