046. a little fun

It's been a few weeks since Ava went missing and the siblings are still in Peoria looking for any sign of her.

"Okay. See you freaks later." Natalie says, grabbing her jacket.

"Where are you going?" Dean asks.

"Uh... the bar." Natalie states like it's obvious as she slips her jacket on.

"Do you really have to go to bar again?" Sam asks. "I mean, you could help look for Ava."

"Sam, we've been here for weeks. She's obviously not fucking here." Natalie states. "I mean, we know a demon took her -- if not killed her -- and I highly doubt the demon is still here. So I'm going to the bar. I will see you two in the morning... or afternoon."

"Ew." Dean grimaces as Natalie leaves. "She seem different to you?"

"Yeah." Sam mumbles. "Yeah, she does."

"Should we be worried?" Dean asks.

"I don't know. I mean, she saw something that reminded her of one of the worst nights of her life. I'd be a little different too." Sam says. "And maybe other shit's just caught up to her brain and she's hit a breaking point."

"Dude, don't you know her better than anyone? Maybe you should... I don't know, try talking to her." Dean  suggests.

"When? She's either at the bar or getting home from a hookup." Sam says.

"Which also isn't something she does. That girl has never left the motel to go to a bar at night. Not since Noah." Dean says.

"Well, maybe she's healed and this is how she's getting over it." Sam says.

"Look, I know you're worried about Ava, but aren't you a little worried about Nat?" Dean asks.

"We're all going through crap, Dean. Maybe she just needs to let off some steam." Sam says.

"Something doesn't feel right." Dean says.

"Well, then you talk to her." Sam exasperates.

"Yeah, cause she'd talk to me." Dean scoffs.

+++

Natalie downs another shot of vodka, not having much of a reaction.

"You really know how to take your alcohol." Natalie smirks at the voice before turning to the blonde.

"Well, we usually have more pressing matters than alcohol when we're at the roadhouse." She comments.

"Right." Jacob chuckles. "Though you did wince at whiskey once."

"Well, whiskey is disgusting." Natalie shrugs.

"It's, um... it's cool that you called." Jacob says, sitting next to her.

"Yeah." Natalie smiles, gnawing her lower lip. "Well, it's just... you know, ever since you've left the roadhouse, we haven't seen each other much. I mean, not that we've gone there anyway. And we don't talk much. Figured we could catch up."

"Catch up?" Jacob asks and Natalie nods. "Nat, we texted two days ago. You told me to come here. We talked about what we had for breakfast." He chuckles slightly. "We-- we catch up all the time."

"Well, I wanna do it in person." Natalie says. "Or we could... I don't know." Natalie shrugs. "Do more fun things." She smirks suggestively.

"And I definitely think you're drunk." Jacob retorts.

"I've only had two shots, I'm fine." Natalie promises. "Here. Catch up." She puts the two shot glasses she motioned for in front of him.

"Not much of a vodka guy." Jacob says.