106. zombies

"Bobby, listen, when you get this message, call! Okay?" Sam ends the voicemail.

"Is he still not home? How far could he get in that chair?" Dean asks.

"So, what do we do?" Sam asks as the three walk into the diner.

"Well... guess we just do it ourselves." Dean says. They walk to a table and sit down across from a man, squishing into one side of the booth, Natalie barely able to fit next to her brothers as Sam is squished in the middle. "Mr. Wells, why don't you tell us what you saw in your own words."

"Call me Digger." He says.

"Digger? Who gave you that name?" Dean asks.

"I did." Digger states.

"You gave yourself your own nickname? You can't do that." Dean says.

"Who died and made you queen?" Digger asks.

"Okay. Uh, why don't you just tell us what you saw?" Sam suggests.

"I saw Clay Thompson climb into Benny Sutton's trailer through the window. Couple minutes later, Clay walked out, and Benny's dead." Digger says.

"And, uh... is this the guy you saw?" Dean asks, holding up a picture.

"Well, he was all covered with mud, but, yeah. That's Clay." Digger nods.

"And you are aware that Clay Thompson died five years ago?" Sam asks.

"Yep." Digger nods.

"And you're positive that it was this guy?" Dean motions to the photo.

"You calling me a liar?" Digger asks.

"No, no, no. Of course not. Look, can you think of any reason why Clay Thompson, alive or dead, would want to kill Benny Sutton?" Sam asks.

"Hell, yeah. Well, five years ago, Benny's the one that killed Clay in the first place." Digger says.

"Is that a fact?" Dean asks.

"Well, yeah, so called "hunting accident." Now, if you ask me... Clay came back from the grave to get a little payback."

"Go on." Dean encourages.

"Heads up. Fargo." Digger warns as the sheriff walks over to them.

"Digger." Sheriff Mills greets.

"Sheriff." He responds.

"Gentlemen, miss. I'm Sheriff Jody Mills, I don't believe we've had the pleasure." She says.

"Agents Dorfman, Pepperidge, and Neidermeyer. FBI." Dean introduces, the three showing their badges.

"Welcome to Sioux Falls. Can I ask you what you're doing with Digger here?" Jody asks.

"They're doing their job. They believe me... sheriff." Digger says.

"The FBI believes a dead man committed a murder?" Jody asks.

"Open mind never hurt anybody." Natalie comments.

"Look, we're just asking a few questions, Sheriff. That's all." Sam says.

"Of course, if a dead man didn't commit the murder, then, uh, who did?" Dean asks.

"What'd you say your jurisdiction here was again?" Jody asks.

"Our jurisdiction is wherever the United States government sends us." Dean says.

"Oh, yeah? How 'bout me and your supervisor have a little chat about that?" Jody asks.