057. seven sins

Natalie is lying across the backseat of the Impala, trying to fall asleep. Sam is in the passenger seat and reading a book, trying to find a way to get Dean out of his deal. Dean is in a motel room with two women having his fun.

Sam chuckles as he sees Dean through the window, his older brother giving him a grin and two thumbs up. Dean shuts the curtains, their silhouettes still visible.

Sam's phone rings and he answers it, "Hello." He puts it on speaker.

"Hey, Sam." Bobby greets.

"Hey, Bobby."

"What ya doing?"

"Oh, same old, same old."

"You buried in that book again?" He asks. "Sam, you want to break Dean free of that demon deal, you ain't gonna find the answer in no book."

"Then where, Bobby?" Sam asks.

"Kid, I wish I knew. So where's your brother?" Bobby asks.

"Polling the electorate." Sam says.

"What?" Bobby asks.

"Nevermind."

"Well, you boys and Nat better pack it up. I think I finally found something."

Sam and Bobby hang up, Sam turning to Natalie.

"You can go." Sam says.

"Fuck no." She protests.

"Come on." Sam whines.

Natalie sits up, holding her fist out. The two play rock, paper, scissors, Sam showing rock and Natalie shows paper.

"Ha." She says in his face while putting her hand over his fist for paper to cover rock.

"Damnit." Sam grumbles.

"Forgot which sibling you were playing with." Natalie grins, lying back down.

"2 outta 3?"

"No. Just be careful."

~ ~ ~

"Let me see your knife." Sam says as Dean drives.

"What for?" Dean asks.

"So I can gouge my eyes out." Sam says.

"It was a beautiful, natural act, Sam." Dean says.

"It's a part of you I never wanted to see, Dean." Sam says making Dean chuckle.

"Hey, I appreciate you guys giving me a little quality time with the Doublemint twins."

"Yeah, no problem."

"Really? Well, I got to say, I was expecting a weary sigh or an eye roll, something."

"No, not at all. You deserve to have a little fun."

"Well, I am in violent agreement with you there. What's Bobby got?"

"Not much. A crop failure and a cicada swarm outside of Lincoln, Nebraska. Uh, could be demonic omens--"

"Or could just be a bad crop and a bug problem."

"Yeah, but it's our only lead."

"Any freaky deaths?"

"Nothing Bobby could find. Not yet, anyway."

"It's weird, man. I mean, the night the devil's gate opened, all these weirdo storm clouds were sighted over how many cities?"

"17."

"17. You'd think it would be Apocalypse Now, but it's been five days and bubkis. What are the demons waiting for?"