042. harvelles' first case

Dean pulls up to the roadhouse, the three siblings getting out of the car.

"Los Angeles, California." Dean states.

"What's in L.A.?" Sam asks.

"Young girl's been kidnapped by an evil cult." Dean says.

"Yeah? Girl got a name?" Sam asks.

"Katie Holmes." Dean answers.

"That's funny." Sam laughs. "And for you, so bitchy."

They hear screaming and breaking glass from inside the roadhouse.

"Of course, on the other hand — catfight." Dean says. They go into the roadhouse, Jacob standing behind the counter while Jo and Ellen are by the pool tables and fighting.

"I am your mother, I don't have to be reasonable!" Ellen shouts.

"You can't keep me here!" Jo yells.

"Oh, don't you bet on that, sweetie." Ellen says.

"What are you going to do, are you going to chain me up in the basement?" Jo questions.

"You know what, you've had worse ideas than that recently. Hey, you don't wanna stay, don't stay. Go back to school."

"I didn't belong there! I was a freak with a knife collection."

"Yeah, and getting yourself killed on some dusty back road, that's where you belong?!" Ellen turns to see the Winchesters. "Boys, Nat, bad time."

"Yes, ma'am." Sam says.

"Yeah, we rarely drink before ten anyway." Dean says.

"Wait. I wanna know what they think about this." Jo says.

"Oh, well, we wouldn't wanna—"

"I don't care what they think!" Ellen yells, cutting Natalie off.

"Are you guys open?" The father of a family of four ask, his wife standing next to them and they have two toddlers.

"Yes!"
"No!"

"We'll just... check out the Arby's down the road." The dad says, the family leaving. The phone rings and Jo glares at it then at Ellen.

"Harvelle's." Jacob answers the phone. "Yeah, sure. Mom." He holds the phone out to Ellen. She angrily walks over, ripping the phone from him and putting it to her ear.

"Three weeks ago a young girl disappears from a Philadelphia apartment." Jo holds out a file folder to Dean. "Take it, it won't bite."

"No, but your mom might." Dean mutters.

"She won't bite, she'll shoot." Jacob remarks.

"Not any better." Dean says. Jo holds the folder out still and Dean reluctantly takes it.

"And this girl wasn't the first. Over the past 80 years, six women have vanished. All from the same building, all young blondes." Jo states.

"Damn, thankful I'm brunette." Natalie comments. Jo rolls her eyes, Sam elbows her, and Jacob smiles.

"Only happens ever decade or two so cops never eyeball the pattern. So we're either dealing with one very old serial killer or—"

"Who put this together? Ash?" Dean asks.

"I did it myself." Jo says. Dean hums, impressed.

"I gotta admit. We hit the road for a lot less." Sam says.

"Good. You like the case so much, you take it." Ellen says.

"Mom!" Jo protests.

"Joanna Beth, this family has lost enough. And I won't lose you too. I just won't." Ellen states.