054. dream life

Natalie groans as her phone ringing wakes her up. She feels Noah's arm draped across her waist, the man stirring at the ringing noise.

Natalie blindly reaches around her nightstand until she finds her phone. She squints to see who's calling and she huffs as she answers.

"What, Dean?" She grumbles, rubbing her face.

"Natty?" Dean asks.

"Dude, you know I hate that stupid nickname." Natalie rolls her eyes.

"Look, I don't know where I am." Dean says.

"What?" Natalie asks, concern growing. "What do you mean?"

"I mean the Djinn attacked me. It put its hand on me and I woke up in a house next to a hot chick." Dean says.

"You mean Carmen?" Natalie asks.

"Who?" Dean asks.

"Dude, you're fucking wasted." Natalie says.

"No, I'm not. You and Sam both need to stop goofing off." Dena says.

"You drunk dialed Sam, too?" Natalie asks.

"I'm not drunk dialing anybody. I'm not drunk." Dean insists.

"Yeah, okay." Natalie scoffs.

"I'm serious, Natty." Dean says.

"Mm-hmm. Sure. Look, I'll see you tomorrow. Go to bed, Dean." Natalie tells him.

"Wait, wait, don't hang up. Nat--" She hangs up, putting her phone up. Natalie sighs and settles on the bed, cuddling into Noah's side.

"Dean okay?" Noah asks.

"Yep. Just another drunk escapade." Natalie mumbles, yawning.

Noah reaches over and silences Natalie's phone.

"Thank you." Natalie mumbles.

"Mm-hmm." Noah hums, both falling back asleep.

+++

Noah and Natalie are up and getting ready to head to the airport. Noah walks out, rolling everybody's suitcases behind him.

"He ready?" Natalie asks.

"Finishing up." Noah informs, going to the toaster.

Natalie pours the Fruity Pebbles into a bowl, pouring the milk in after.

"Tommy! Come on, cereal's ready, baby!" Natalie calls out.

The sound of feet running down the hall sounds before the six year old rushes into the room and to the table.

"Thank you, mommy." He says, sitting at the chair, Natalie putting the bowl in front of him.

"You're welcome." She ruffles his hair. "Did you brush your teeth?"

"Mm-hmm." Tom nods. He shows his teeth.

"Good job." Natalie kisses him on the cheek. "Eat your breakfast." She tells him, going back to the counter.

"Two pieces for you." Noah hands her two pieces of toast, one covered in peanut butter, and the other in jelly.

"Thank you." She smiles, taking a bite out of the jelly covered one. "Are you ready?"

"Yep." Noah nods. "You?"

"I'm gonna have to wash some dishes. But other than that--"

"I'll do the dishes." Noah says.

"No, it's okay." Natalie dismisses.

"No, I want to." Noah says. "Besides, you need to relax." He says, putting his hand over her stomach.