017. bug infestation

They get to a diner and walk in, going up to a Native American man who is playing cards by himself.

"Joe White Tree?" Sam asks and the man nods. "We'd like to ask you a few questions, if that's all right."

"We're students from the university." Dean states.

"No, you're not. You're lying." Joe states.

"Well, trust is--" Dean starts.

"You know who starts sentence with "truth is"? Liars." Joe says.

"Have you heard of Oasis Plains?" Sam asks.

"It's a housing development near the Atoka Valley." Natalie says.

"I like them. They're not liars." Joe tells Dean. At her older brother's irked expression, Natalie smiles. "I know the area." Joe says.

"What can you tell us about the history there?" Sam asks.

"Why do you wanna know?" Joe asks.

"Something-- something bad is happening in Oasis Plains. We think it might have something to do with some old bones we found down there -- Native American bones." Sam says.

"I'll tell you what my grandfather told me, what his grandfather told him. 200 years ago, a band of my ancestors lived in that valley. One day, the American cavalry came to relocate them. They were resistant, the cavalry impatient. As my grandfather put it, on the night the moon and the sun share the sky as equals, the cavalry first raided our village. They murdered, raped."

"The next day, the cavalry came one last time. And by the time the son rose, every man, woman, and child still in the village was dead. They say on the 6th night, as the chief of the village lay dying, he whispered to the Heavens that no white man would ever tarnish this land again. Nature would rise up and protect the valley. And it would bring as many days of misery and death to the white man as the cavalry had brought upon his people."

"Insects. Sounds like nature to me. Six days." Dean says.

"And on the night of the sixth day, none would survive." Joe states.

"When did the gas company man die?" Sam asks as the three return to the Impala.

"Uh, let's see, we got here Tuesday, so Friday the 20th." Dean states.

"March 20th?" Sam asks and nods. "That's the spring equinox."

"The night the sun and the moon share the sky as equals." Dean says.

"So, every year about this time, anybody in Oasis Plains is in danger. Larry built this neighborhood on cursed land." Natalie states.

"And on the sixth night-- that's tonight." Dean says.

"If we don't do something, Larry's family will be dead by sunrise. So how do we break the curse?" Sam asks.

"You don't break a curse. You get out of its way. We've gotta get those people out now." Dean says.

+++

Dean is driving and on the phone with Larry, trying to get him to leave the house.

"Yes, Mr. Pike, there's a mainline gas leak in your neighborhood." Dean says.

"God, really? And how big?" Larry asks.

"Well, it's fairly extensive. I don't want to alarm you, but we need your family out of the vicinity for at least 12 hours or so, just to be safe." Dean says.

"And who is this, again?" Larry asks.

"Travis Weaver. I work for Oklahoma Gas and Power."

"Uh-huh. Well, the problem is, I know Travis. He's worked with us for a year, so who is this?"