065. christmas

Sam and Natalie walk out of the house and onto the porch where Dean is talking to the wife.

"Thanks for letting us have a look around, Mrs. Walsh." Sam says. "I think we, uh, got just about everything we need. We're all set."

"We'll be in touch." Dean tells her. The three walk off the porch, heading to the car.

"Agents." Mrs. Walsh calls. "T-The police said my husband might have been kidnapped."

"Could be." Dean says.

"Well, then why haven't the kidnappers called or-or demanded a ransom? It's three days till Christmas. What am I supposed to tell our daughter?" Mrs. Walsh questions.

"We're very sorry." Sam tells her and the three walk away.

"Find anything?" Dean asks as they make their way back to the car.

"Stockings, mistletoe... this." Sam hands something to Dean.

"A tooth? Where was this?" Dean asks.

"In the chimney." Natalie says.

"Chimney? No way a man fits up a chimney. It's too narrow." Dean says.

"No way he fits up in one piece." Sam says.

"All right, so, if dad went up the chimney--"

"We need to find out what dragged him up there."

+++

Sam and Natalie are in the motel and researching when Dean gets back.

"So, was I right?" Dean asks.

"Is it the serial killing chimney sweep?" Dean asks.

"Yep. It's, uh, it's actually Dick Van Dyke." Sam comments making Natalie snort.

"Who?" Dean asks.

"Mary Poppins." Sam says.

"Who's that?" Dean asks.

"Are you kidding me right now?" Natalie asks, but Dean still looks clueless. "Well, good to know our childhood movie nights meant something to you." She retorts.

"Well, it turns out that Walsh is the second guy in town to be grabbed out of his house this month." Dean says.

"Oh, yeah?" Sam asks.

"Yeah." Dean nods.

"The other guy get dragged up the chimney too?" Sam asks.

"Don't know. Witnesses said they heard a thump on the roof." Dean says. "So, what the hell do you think we're dealing with?"

"Actually, we have an idea." Sam says.

"Yeah?" Dean asks, walking to the bed and taking his jacket off.

"It's, uh, it's gonna sound crazy." Sam says.

"What could you possibly say that sounds crazy to me?" Dean asks. Natalie puts her head back, looking at Dean upside down as her head rests on the couch arm.

"Um..." Sam starts.

"Evil Santa." The twins chorus.

"Yeah, that's crazy." Dean says.

"Yeah." Sam nods. "I mean, I'm just saying that there's some version of the anti-Claus in every culture. You got Belsnickel, Krampus, Black Peter." Sam gives Dean some pages his printed out. "Whatever you want to call it, there's all sorts of lore."

"Saying what?" Dean asks.

"Saying that back in the day, Santa's brother went rogue, and now he shows up around Christmastime. But instead of bringing presents, he punishes the wicked."