010. peter sweeney

Sam and Natalie walk into the motel room where Dean is sitting on his bed.

"So, I think it's safe to say we can rule out Nessie." Sam states.

"What do you mean?" Dean asks.

"We just drove past the Carlton house. There was an ambulance there. Will Carlton is dead." Sam informs, him and Natalie sitting on their bed.

"He drowned?" Dean asks.

"Yep." Sam nods.

"In the sink." Natalie states.

"What the hell? So you're right, this isn't a creature. We're dealing with something else." Dean says.

"Yeah, but what?" Sam asks.

"I don't know. Water wraith, maybe? Some kind of demon? I mean, something that controls water -- water that comes from the same source." Dean says.

"The lake." The twins state.

"Yeah." Dean nods.

"Which would explain why it's upping the body count. The lake is draining. It'll be dry in a few months. Whatever this thing is, whatever it wants, it's running out of time." Sam says.

"And if it can get through the pipes, it can get to anyone, almost anywhere." Dean says. "This is gonna happen again soon." He states, sitting at the table to put his shoes on.

"And we do know one other thing for sure. We know this has got something to do with Bill Carlton." Sam states.

"Yeah, it took both his kids." Dean says.

"And we've been asking around." Sam says. "Lucas' dad, Chris--"

"Bill Carlton's godson." Natalie finishes for her twin.

"Let's go pay Mr. Carlton a visit." Dean says.

+++

They get to the Carlton house and walk onto the dock where Bill is sitting.

"Mr. Carlton?" Sam asks. "We'd like to ask you a few questions, if you don't mind."

"We're from the Department--"

"I don't care who you're with. I've answered enough questions today." Bill says.

"Your son said he saw something in that lake. What about you? You ever see anything out there? Mr. Carlton, Sophie's drowning and Will's death -- we think there might be a connection to you or your family." Sam says.

"My children are gone. It's... it's worse than dying. Go away. Please." Bill tells them.

The three Winchesters make their way back to the Impala.

"What do you think?" Sam asks.

"Aw, I think the poor guy's been through hell. I also think he's not telling us something." Dean says.

"So now what?" Sam asks. Dean freezes as he seems to notice something. "What is it?"

"Maybe Bill's not the only one who knows something." Dean takes the drawing Lucas gave him out, holding it up, the twins seeing that he drew the Carlton house.

+++

"I'm sorry, but I don't think it's a good idea." Andrea says.

"I just need to talk to him." Dean says. "Just for a few minutes."

"He won't say anything. What good's it gonna do?" Andrea asks.

"Andrea, we think more people might get hurt. We think something's happening out there." Sam says.