Chapter Five

The pink place was busy as usual. It was an upscale restraint owned by Edel's sister Rhea and she was a bitch.

I searched for Edel and when my eyes found him, I smiled. He waved me over and I joined him at the table.

I leaned in for a kiss. He tried to deepen it but I chuckled and pulled away.

"You brought cupcakes?" His face lit up as I handed the small bag over to him.

"I did. Nevaeh asked me to give them to you"

"Ohhhh. That was sweet of her. I love her cupcakes"

"You're not allowed to bring food in here" Rhea's annoying voice said from behind me.

"Don't start Rhea" Edel grumbled.

"It's the rules"

"Then maybe we should leave"

"I'm not saying that" she muttered before leaving our table.

"I don't know why she likes to act like that every damned time" he said with a frown.

"You should ignore her"

"Tell me. What has your family said about the choosing" I looked around. We were at a public place.

"I don't want to talk about it here"

"Come on Paisley. I'm dying to know. We can talk in hushed times and besides nobody is listening to us"

"When we are in a more private place" I told him with finality. He grumbled but he didn't ask me about it again. He focused on the cupcakes while I used my phone.

"Drinks for you" a waitress said in a cheery voice.

"I didn't order drinks"

"Rhea asked me to bring drinks" she pointed to Rhea who had a fake smile on and did a little wave with her fingers.

I reached into my bag for my purse and brought out some money.

"Oh. Don't bother. It's on the house"

"Tell her thanks"

It was a fruit punch and I sipped on it while I waited for Edel to be done. Once he was through, he went to the back to see Rhea while I waited for him outside.

I saw him give her a side hug before he came outside. The walk to his apartment was short. He had a small duplex with the white picket fence. It was where we were going to live after we got married.

I was excited. I couldn't wait to start my life with him. The living room was pristine. The floors shining and the air clean. I sat down and made myself comfortable and he joined me.

"Now tell me what your parents said"

"Nevaeh will be going"

"Thank God" I frowned at him.

"What do you mean by that?" He took in my expression.

"No. What I mean is it's better she is asked to go than you"

I scowled and pushed his hand off me.

"It's not better. My sister is not going anywhere. None of us are"

"What? What do you plan to do then. You can't keep the bride of the beast away from him"

"There has to be away around this. Nevaeh is not going. Not while I'm alive"

"So what do you plan to do?"

"I'm going to speak to Silas. Convince him to pick someone else"

"And if it doesn't work?"