Chapter thirty-nine

I tightened the hand straps of my sun dress and I waited for Brayan to finish getting ready. He was taking so much time and the others had already gone ahead of us.

I won't lie, I was a bit nervous about being out with everyone especially as Naomi was also going to be there today. I knew I shouldn't be nervous but I just couldn't help it.

"Let's go" Brayan kissed my neck from behind and I got ready to leave the room. I walked down the staircase slowly while he came down behind me.

I was surprised to see Whitely sitting in the living room when she came. I thought she already left with the others. She short a condescend look my way before she shifted her gaze to her nephew. She instantly had a smile on.

"My handsome boy. You look good this morning"

"Thank you. I thought you left with the others" he said wrapping his arms around me.

"I came out late. They had already gone. Don't you want to give me a lift? I can stay back"

"Of course I'll drive you. We are going there already"

"Good because I'll be bored out of my mind if I stay here alone" he chuckled and pulled me along. We passed by her and went out of the house.

I took the front with Brayan while she sat in the backseat. The drive was mostly silent except for the annoying humming sound she was making at the back. Couldn't she just shut the fuck up for fucks sake.

It's like she knew what I was thinking because she increased her humming. I was irritated. Warm hands covered my own and I looked at Brayan. He smiled at me and I smiled back.

I was so happy when we got to the beach and got out of the car. She could continue her humming in an open space and away from me. I balanced the sun hat properly over my head. The sun was high in the sky. I needed to apply sun burn quickly.

Brayan took my hands as he led me over to the others. I noticed it was only the family that was at the beach. Elowen was in the water with Dakarai and Naomi. She had her hands wrapped tightly around the girl as they played in the water.

"Paisley" Winry waved me over.

"I'm going to meet them" I told Brayan and he nodded. He gave me a short kiss before he let me go. I could hear the girls giggle as I got closer to them.

"Is there still nothing between you" Marisol asked with a laugh.

"Leave me alone" the girls chuckled and I plopped down on the blanket beside them.

We talked and laughed for a long while and the girls went into the water but I stayed out. I watched as they played and laughed with each other. This was really relaxing.

"No. No. We didn't buy a sexy swim suit for you to hide under your dress" Nouria said when they finally returned to where I sat.

"I'll take it off" I wasn't going into the water now so I decided to stay in my dress.

"Do it now. Everyone is in their beach wear. Only you" I looked at Brayan. He was now in beach shorts. I admired his muscular thighs and chest.

Someone waved a hand in my face. "Stop ogling him and take off the damn sundress"

"Fine" I stood up and loosened the straps of my dress, letting it pull at my feet.

"Your body girl" Marisol said.

"Someone can't take his eyes off you" the girls giggled loudly and I turned. Brayan was staring directly at me. He had this intense look in his eyes and there was this strong pull to go over to him.

"Paisley" someone tugged my arm and I landed on the blanket beside them.

"Stop eye fucking my brother and listen"

"I'm listening"

"You remember the final ritual is in two days?" I nodded. Elowen had mentioned it to me after the dress was delivered. I was kind of excited.

Finally accepting that this was my fate, made things easier for me. Far easier. And I realized that I wanted this too. I wanted to be with Brayan. I deeply cared for him. I couldn't even tell exactly when it happened but I just knew it in my heart and I don't think I'll bear the thought of him being with another woman. Even if it is Nevaeh.

Maybe it was love.

"Where did you go again" Winry snapped her fingers in my face.

"Anyways. You're supposed to stay celibate till the mating night"

"What?" She chuckled. How could I stay celibate? Brayan had promised to do a lot of things to me tonight. Did he know about it and was simply just trying to tease me? That bastard.

"It gives time to build a lot of sexual tension before that night. I hear the sex after will be explosive"

"Damn right" Nouria said. She was definitely speaking from experience.

"Why don't you tease him for the rest of the few days"

"Tease him?" That was a dangerous idea. What if he lost control.

"Yes. Drive him crazy. Make him want you to a point of madness. I'm telling you, you'll love that you did this when it's the mating night" Nouria encouraged.

I was really considering it. It didn't sound like a bad idea at all. Considering it was custom not to take me until the wedding night and he was a sucker for customs, I had a feeling he wouldn't snap. Plus it'll be too much fun.

"Let's do this" I said and the girls squealed.

"The plan is, you stand up, strut over to the water in that sexy bikini. I know you have the confidence. His eyes will definitely not leave your body. In no time, he'll find you at the water and try to play with you. You let him of course"

"Remember you're in control of the situation" Marisol whispered.

"He'll suggest for you to leave the water with him, do it. Let him take you ti whatever hidden corner he wants to. And just right when he's about to snap, you remind him that you have to stay celibate until the last ritual" Nouria finished.

It was a marvelous idea. And I'll be happy to tease him too.

I looked around.

"But what about the others? And there's a little child around"

"You just do what you need to, I'll be taking Naomi and aunt Whitley somewhere else" Marisol said.

"I'll take Dryden away" Nouria spoke next.

"And I'll just tell mama. She'll understand and get her mate out of here" Winry finished.

I nodded and stood up slowly from the blanket. I stretched and I could feel his eyes on me. I didn't look in his direction as i sashayed to the water.