Epilogue

I splashed some water on my face and washed the putrid taste from my mouth. I had been throwing up non stop and I had a feeling I was with child.

I had the feeling since we ended our honeymoon over a month ago but with the stress of the ball and everything I paid it no mind plus I wasn't having symptoms.

I had not mentioned it to anyone. Not Brayan or Elowen or Winry or even Nevaeh.

Yes. We had been working on our relationship and even though things would never be like they used to, we were still close.

"Paisley" someone shouted my name from the back and I jumped in fright.

"What the fuck Winry. You scared me"

"Sorry" she giggled.

"What's up?"

"I want to tell you something. But away from prying ears"

"What's that" she didn't reply and pulled me along until we entered her room and she closed the door behind her.

"What's up" I asked again.

"Remember when you kept asking me if I had a boyfriend?" She looked at the door again.

"Yes. You said you don't have any"

"I lied"

"Yes. I knew it" I shouted and she signaled me to keep quiet.

"I do have someone that I like but we can't be together"

"Is it 'B?"

"B?"

"Yes. I saw your letter in the library. You can't be together"

"Letter in the library? What the fuck are you talking about"

"Don't act coy. I know it's Brandon and you can't be together because your family forbids it"

She scrunched her face in disgust. "Eww Paisley. I will never date Brandon"

I frowned. Then who was the W and B?

Or is it Brayan?

"Did Brayan have a secret lover he couldn't be with?"

She scoffed. "No and even if he did I wouldn't know about it. He's too private"

Then?

"I think I know who owns the letter"

"Who?"

"Aunt Whitley. She had a man who she was in love with but her family wouldn't consent to the mating and because she was too obedient and wouldn't go against their wishes, she had to let him go and she never got mated again"

Wow. That was terrible and I felt really bad for her. After my return, I noticed she was no longer in the house. When I asked Brayan, he told me what happened.

Naomi had confessed to him what really happened that day and I was shocked Whitely was the one who made her do it.

Dakarai was so upset that he sent her far away. I had seen Naomi a few times since then and she was now a different child. The children at the orphanage loved to play with her now and Glynnis was restored to her position.

Brayan asked for forgiveness for not believing me and I made him work for it. It was exciting to make him do my every wish and I enjoyed every bit of it but he found a way to punish me later.

"Hey" she snapped her fingers in my face.

"Have you been listening to me?"

"Yes" I smiled sheepishly.